Radio Stations Without Adverts - Please Enlighten Me

Associate
I love the radio but most of the time i tend to stick to radio 2 because all the rest play adverts, i have to admit that adverts are a bit of a pet hate of mine but i try to switch off to them. Is there any online radio stations that dont have adverts? I have researched this a bit but i have not found what im looking for.

Wouldn't it be wonderful is someone invented a device for you tv channels that played some of your personal music when the adverts were on, then resumed when the program commenced.

Associate
OP
The chances are the only stations that wouldn't have some form of advertising would be subscription based.

From memory there are a couple of satellite based companies in the US that use that model, other than that it's something like BBC radio where it's funded from a general tax.

I would not mind paying a fee for something decent and advert free, i was hoping in this day and age there would be some advert free stations. I did find one called 'chill' but its much the same kind of music constantly.

I believe absolute radio has a no advert subscription with access to all its stations.

I like absolute radio but on their site it says

Absolute Radio account holders hear 50% fewer ads. Register for free to hear more music where the ads are.

Associate
OP
Team Rock Radio.
No ads, no subscription and now no DJ's.
Used to be good until they found out they couldn't afford to pay the DJ's and got rid of them all. Now they might as well be playing an iPod on shuffle..

Cheer mate i have added this station as a favourite. The first song i heard was a bit too heavy, hopefully they play some milder rock , many thanks. ;)

6 music...

Cheers mate, ill give it a listen.

Associate
OP
Guys thanks for the updates on this thread.

I would not mind subscribing if it meant no adverts. BBC2 has gone downhill in my opinion since the introduction of Sarah Cox and Zoe Ball, they are not funny and they irritate me a lot. I now use the BBC sounds app a lot as it lets you use the radio shows you like on a 'catchup' type service, worth checking out if you dont have it already.

Do any of the music subscripption services have any radio station type things, from what i seen on Spotift its just full of playlists premade and not a selection of songs being played by a dj. I find the playlists are also full of rubbish songs too. Also i dont want to listen to the same playlist over and over again.

I will try Radioparadise and Shoutcast.

Associate
OP
On a side note i recently turned 50 , im off every week mon to thurs, I like to put Jeremy Vine Chan 5 on in the morning, daytime tv adverts are soul destroying and make me feel depressed and like my life is over. I never thought i would feel this way but all these over 50s life cover and funeral cover are not good for someone with mental health issues. I mute the sound when i can but it still get right on my nipple ends.

Associate
OP
If you like your rock/metal, Primordial Radio is a good bet. Subscription but no adverts. Run by the ex Team Rock/Rock Radio DJ's.

30 day free trial:

https://primordialradio.com/

Thanks for the link, i really like rock and heavy rock, indie and alternative. I do enjoy RadioX but they are advert run as well so an alternative would be great. Ill use the trial and see what i think cheers ;)

I liked Radio 6 until I realised that there's about 5 songs that they'll play about 10 times a day.

Yeah radio2 do that too, they choose a particular earworm type tune thats currently in the charts and they repeat in a few of the different shows. Its like the shows producers think we want to listen to that rubbish. I want radio 2 to not play ditty chart crap.

Associate
OP
I am trialling Absolute Radio, I will report back how I get on.

As far as I can tell, Absolute 80s is the same as the DAB transmission but without the adverts so, if there is a DJ on, the DJ will be heard on the subscription station.

Thanks for your post mate, 4 quid a month is not too bad if you make good use of the stations. It says you can skip 6 songs an hour so maybe there is a time lag to the transmission. You do get a lot more ad free stations for the money so i might give it a free trial. ;)

Back
Top Bottom