RAM Upgrade for ASUS Tuf Gamin Laptop

Associate
Hi all,

I have an Asus TUF 15, FX506HCB laptop, with 11th Gen i5 processor and would like to upgrade the 8gb of RAM, but want to be sure I am about to do the right thing.

The Task Manager tells me I have 4 slots, though the internet generally says it has only 2 slots, and a max capacity of 32gb (the command prompt with MaxCapacity tells me is 129gb).

I am happy to just go up to 32gb for now, but what RAM should I buy? I was thinking 2x16gb, but if it really is 4 slot would 4x8 be better or will it not make a difference?

Thanks!

A

Man of Honour
Have you tried sticking the model number in a configurator like Crucial or Kingston?

You should be able to find a manual on the ASUS website too.

What the specs of your existing stick in CPU-Z?

Associate
OP
That's the thing, everything online suggests it has 2 slots, but the laptop itself says it has four, which is why I am confused. The crucial configuration thing says it has two slots, and can handle upto 64gb.

The current 8gb RAM is 3200mhz

Last edited:
Soldato
i had the same laptop its caped at 3200mhz so just buy any cheap ass sticks that's what i did worked fine

it as 2 slots???? are you saying yours as 4????

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i had the same laptop its caped at 3200mhz so just buy any cheap ass sticks that's what i did worked fine

it as 2 slots???? are you saying yours as 4????

That's what the Task Manager and command prompt say, which is why I', confused. I mean, I don't mind if it lets me upgrade to 128gb RAM (!) but there's no point in getting anything if it's not going to work.

Soldato
That's what the Task Manager and command prompt say, which is why I', confused. I mean, I don't mind if it lets me upgrade to 128gb RAM (!) but there's no point in getting anything if it's not going to work.

yer i would just assume that's a soft wear thing until you open the laptop.
you will have 2

Back
Top Bottom