Random Famous People You Met

Associate
One famous at a time... Even better if some story to it...

I met Paddy Ashdown (Lib Dem leader at the time) in Laura Ashley Oxford Street many years ago...

I was with a girlfriend at time who loved Laura Ashley and both Paddy and I were clearly bored as can be and sitting on the sofas at back of the store while our women shopped. A brief nod of understanding was exchanged. That was it

Next?

Associate
OP
I met Dame Tanni Grey Thompson at work.... Lovely lady and was willing to have a selfie...

I've met loads of politicians but that comes with my job... Ministers... I did get offered Tony Blair and passed (cos I wasnt a fan at that time).

Associate
OP
Oh, how could I forget.

Felicity Jones.

Before she was involved with Star Wars, she played Emma in The Archers and I went to an event, she was there and I spoke to her after the show.

Damn Feek scores AGAIN

I met Prince Michael of Kent when he presented me a prize at my school. We had to spend book tokens and get presented the books. All the other kids got presented books on their subjects, I got a pile of Science Fiction titles and a strange stare from the Prince. LOL. I'm glad I chose something I would enjoy!

Associate
OP
I met Prince Charles when I was at university.
I sat next to Trent Reznor at dinner in the early 90s because he was friends with someone I was there with
At that same dinner I sat next to Andrew Braybrook - 5 stars to anyone who remembers who he is
Had dinner with Alan Rickman in the mid 90s because he was friends with a girl I was dating at the time (he was patron of her dramatics society)

Paradroid 90 and other classics.... Braybrook!

Associate
OP
And once again, aside from the Nine Inch Nails Guy, I have no idea what someone is talking about, and after Googling, I thank the good Lord that I have f.a. interest in it either.

Hey, one man's famous person or interesting topic isn't same as someone elses but live n let live.... ;)

Associate
OP
Charlie Duke was the lunar module pilot on Apollo 16, and the tenth person to walk on the moon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Duke

No idea who Worzel Gummage is....
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

I am ashamed.. I used to be able to name all the Mercury and Apollo astronauts... but age has overtaken me

What was he like?

Back
Top Bottom