Random Freezes

Soldato
Ok, im having weird random freeze's every now and then, my pc is running fine all temp's are acceptable and everything is at stock now regardless of what my sig says it has been running all at stock for a couple of weeks now, i keep getting very weird freezes where my pc will just lock up totally, i cant move my mouse use the keyboard or anything just a total lock up. It has just happened while playing oblivion, but has happened before when just on the desktop etc. i am using the catalyst 6.3 beta chuckie patch as some of you will know it as but i cant see this being the problem, although i did buy a 2gb geil kit from the bgrade section. like i said these freezes are quite rare. i cant put my finger on it can anyone else shed some light on it :(

Sultan of Ping said:
Try rolling back to a more recent driver, preferably one that is WHQL-certified, check your temps on CPU and GPU core to rule out overheating. Run a defrag on your hard drives if they seem to be badly fragmented, and run a couple of passes of your hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility, which you should be able to download from their website.

Hope this helps.

thanks ill try that, although it has done it outside of 3d app's aswell so its baffling me the os has only been installed for a week so the drive should be ok

Back
Top Bottom