Random freezes!!! :( :(

Associate
Well theres not a lot to explain really. My spec is as follows and my psu is a 430w modular tagan

Ive reduced my overclock to 2.8 incase it was that and my case is VERY well ventalated as ive just moded it.

What on earth could it be? It just STOPS! ike every two hours :(

I dont expect someone to give me a super fix lol, just ideas!!

Cheers

Put your system to stock Bios
Monitor your system temp/cpu temp
Open side of case just incase its temp
Check ram with memtest86
Update drivers/downgrade drivers

Good luck.

Try this to try and diagnose the problem:

After a freeze / after you turn it on let it all start up. Reboot again before you do anything else, if the problem you're having is anything like the one I had then after a double reboot your PC shouldn't freeze for quite a while, but it might still.

Also, have you tested all the stuff you can? And when you turn the computer off can you turn it straight back on no problems?

Craig.

take a look at your mobo's capacitors.. look for any that are bulging out on the top and see if any are leaking fluid. my old setup started to lock up but sometimes would be fine for hours (the os was a mess so i thought it just needed a format, about a month it went on) and then i heard a fairly loud pop, i inspected inside to find 6 capacitors had gone :eek:

chances are it's not but as it sounds the same it's worth checking out.

I have been having this also for the last two months or so, I am beginning to suspect its mobo related.

I initially thought it was bad sectors on a 2nd hdd, but it wasnt that. It cant be overheating cpu because its way too random ( sometimes after 10 minutes from being cold, other times dont see one for two hours or more)

My mobo has been playing up, ie after first bios screen (after it finds hdd etc) it gets stuck before producing 2nd screen of bios - with just a white flashing cursor top left of screen, warm boot and everything is aok.

Was angling after a DFI crossfire board, and cant see any others I want right now so going to go for it tomrrow I think. Also waiting to fit a Freezer pro on my Opty 170 so will take this opportunity to do it all at once - just not looking forward to the windows install

Check Event Viewer in Windows XP control panel/Administrative Tools (look under the System category) for possible program freezes and misbehaviour, for signs of program crashes.

Use msconfig (run from Start menu/Run) to disable any problem background services or programs.

Hope this helps...

Back
Top Bottom