i7 8700k
EVGA FTW3 1080ti
bitfenix Formula 650w PSU
16bg ram @2400 Mhz
b360 Motherboard
1tb HDD
240g SSD
3 120 mm fans

I seem to be losing power during gaming sessions, not always after a long time either. For example - Total Warhammer 2 certain campaign missions just cause the PC to reboot as soon as I select them, but other times If I avoid that mission I can play fine for 3/4 hours +. I've tried lowering the graphics settings (can sustain 144 fps @ 1440p on high just fine) to low across the board and doesn't seem to make much difference. Have also experienced it with Vermintide 2 but that seems to be more random and generally after a few hours in game.

Temps on everything are fine when I check them immediately after the reboots - graphics card 40-60 (at most), cpu similar, ram similar etc.

System just full reboots as If i'd clicked the restart button without warning. My immediate thought is PSU but it's 9 months old and realistically the wattage should be completely fine. I do have a 2k monitor but not sure if that would affect anything? Anybody got any ideas? Would love some advice or help diagnosing!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure as OCUK built this one for me! Is there an easy way to tell whether one cable has been used or two by looking at the gpu? Can get you pics if it'll help but not sure how to post them on here.

Went for this mobo for two reasons; 1) ran out of money as went for a 2k gsync monitor and 2) didn't plan to overlock the i7 for a while as hasn't really needed it for the games I'm playing (which is the only demanding thing I use the system for), by which time I'd upgrade the MOBO in theory.

Back
Top Bottom