Random Momentary Performance Stuttering in Windows 10

Soldato
Hi all,

My PC has recently developed a problem in the form of momentary sound, video and performance stuttering.

By this I mean I can be working away, listening to Spotify/Youtube, and then a 2 second stuttering occurs in the form of:
  • Sound as though the output is being rapidly flicked on and off
  • Keyboard and mouse (Logi Unify and Bolt respectively) have input lag similar to the above
  • Video stutters - YouTube or in-game
It is all very strange. I cannot force it to occur and I'm not sure how to track what is causing it due to how brief the events are.

Any ideas?

Man of Honour
Keep task manager open and set to sort by cpu usage. Set it to always on top and move to corner of the screen somewhere. Use pc as normal and when it happens, look at what's using the cpu in that time and quickly press the print screen key to save an image to clipboard then paste it into paint or something and save it to post here or just make note of the app if you're quick enough to check.

Soldato
OP
I'll try that @mrk thank you.

@Orcvader the timing matches with my recent BIOS update. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The latest BIOS should fix it, I'm on the current stable and it solved the stutter issues I had. Make sure to update the chipset drivers afterwards too.
I'm on E7C84AMS.1B0, release date 11.08.2022. The only newer version is a BETA. I'll check the fTPM thing and then try reinstalling chipset drivers just in case they weren't installed properly on BIOS update.

Soldato
7C84v1C1(Beta version)
- Update to AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.8.

When I searched Google for "AGESA ComboAm4v2PI" the first result was on Reddit and this is one of the comments:
AGESA ComboAm4v2PI v1.2.0.7 fix the fTPM 2.0 stutters problem in Windows 11 and improves overall system performance and stability.

Edit: I've just noticed that your current 7C84v1B BIOS is already running v1.2.0.7. Maybe v1.2.0.8 has more fixes though?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Drivers and BIOS updated. Problem still occurring. I've had Task Manager open always on top while working away and I screenshot when the stuttering occurs but it only shows the "System Interrupt" process which doesn't tell me much.

I have also had HWiNFO64 open to monitor temperatures and there's a red cell showing a minimum of 67% for Power Reporting Deviation (Accuracy), in the CPU section. Could that be related?

I'm not overclocking, the only component not running stock is the GPU which is undervolted in Afterburner.

Man of Honour
Might be worth using a DPC latency monitoring tool, could also be a USB selective suspend issue or an issue providing power if too many USB devices are on the same hub.

Soldato
OP
Might be worth using a DPC latency monitoring tool, could also be a USB selective suspend issue or an issue providing power if too many USB devices are on the same hub.
Just spotted this sorry. I've been putting up with the random stuttering interrupts but they're annoying me again.

I turned off afterburner in case that was causing issues but it's not related as stuttering still occurred.

I would update the BIOS version but there are users in the X570 Tomahawk thread who are not having a good time with the latest stable version.

I'll check the fTPM status (Win10 still) in case that is the issue.

Back
Top Bottom