Random Turn Offs

Associate
Have a problem and wondered if anyone has any ideas as to its cause and cure.

My Advent 7038 laptop keeps turning itself off after about 48 mins of playing FS2004. Am almost certain that it is not an overheating problem as i have an Akasa cooling plate underneath it.

Will sit and play music all day long but keeps turing off when game playing. Did notice that when playing Neverwinter nights, as soon as you actually tried to run the game, it crashed then.

Me thinks it may be a graphics snag.

Any ideas????

VMT

Associate
OP
Have had a look/see and this is what i got

Chip type: Mobility Radeon 9200 AGP
DAC Type: Internal DAC(350MHz)
Mem size: 128 MB
Adaptor string: RADEON IGP 320M

Driver

Provider: ATi Technologies
Date: 15/5/03
Version: 6.14.10.6351

Have tried using the Omega Drivers, but everytime i try to change resolution, it causes the laptop to BSOD

Associate
OP
Have found this file here www.driverheaven.net/patje, but will have to wait until the weekend to try and get it. It seems the MoD won't let me download any .exe files.

Can't understand why :D

Anyhows, will get that and give the latest version of Catalyst a go and see what happens from there.

Having Googled about my drivers, it does appear that i do have a rather troublesome IGP in my lappy. Just my luck

Soldato
I say drivers sound the best bet.

My friend had a similar problem on his laptop (had a mobile 9600 gpu). Whenever he played CnC Generals, the game would freeze and needed a reboot to get the latop running again.

Try turning down graphics hardware acceleration a notch

Right click>display properties>settings>advanced>troubleshoot

This sorted the freezing/crashing on my friends laptop, but at the price of some graphics (eg, mouse pointer in games flickered, menu transitions not smooth).

Back
Top Bottom