• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

They are already struggling to make people move to am5. So imagine if they had released a 5900x 3d with one ccd. No one would buy a new cpu for the next 5 years.
Tbh, something decent from 5xxx series, or even 3xxx, depending what you want from your system, will hold up pretty well for the next 5 years or so - depending how much current gen of consoles will last.

Well yeah for AM4, but why not a 7900X with one 12 core CCD on AM5??

Or can they not make CCDs with more than 8 cores at this time? Cause if they could, why not just regular Zen 4 12 core CPU On one CCD instead o the 2 6 core CCDs in the 7900X??
Because then - they would never be able to sell you a zen 5 or even zen 6. They are giving you mobo compatibility and they want to milk it by making you constantly upgrade your cpu gen after gen.

I upgraded my gfs pc 3 times (1600 to 2600 to 3700x) in order to match an 8700k in gaming performance, and its still lacking .

Last edited:
Because then - they would never be able to sell you a zen 5 or even zen 6. They are giving you mobo compatibility and they want to milk it by making you constantly upgrade your cpu gen after gen.

I upgraded my gfs pc 3 times (1600 to 2600 to 3700x) in order to match an 8700k in gaming performance, and its still lacking .

Never be able to sell a Zen 5 or 6. Really?? I am sure Zen 5 or 6 will be so much better. No matter how good something is now, something better is always around the corner.

Why doesn't Intel make a more than 8 P cores Alder Lake or Raptor Lake then?? They do no tgive the motherboard compatibility AMD does. for generations and something better always around the corner. S. I believe Zen 5 will have more than 8 cores on one CCD in fact up to 16 from what I remember.

I think people are getting too hung up on the specs of these chips.

99.9% of people couldn’t tell the difference between a 13th gen CPU in their system or a Ryzen 7k series chip.

Just buy whatever you can afford at the time of purchase.
100% true statement and the Intel shills on these forums are as bad as the other oc website, actually the same shills are on that site.

Do they have any more than 8 core parts on single CCD. I heard that Zen 5 will have 16 cores on one CCD.
Are all of their Threadripper and EPYC stuff all 8 core CCDs, just lots of them and the best binned ones packed into their huge sockets for their 64 core thread rippers?? Or do they have any CCDs with more than 8 cores on one at the time??

Cause they never had more than 4 cores per CCD prior to Zen 3??

That's the whole idea of chiplets, the Zen 2, 3 and 4 chiplets are all 8 core (Zen 2 was 2x 4-core CCX's in one CCD) chiplets with some having 2 or even 4 cores fused off for different SKUs, Threadripper and EPYC are indeed just more chiplets/CCDs to make up the core numbers.

At least that applies to Desktop Ryzen 'non-G', Laptop and Ryzen G SKUs have generally used a monolithic die instead of chiplets.

I expect with current architectures scaling beyond 8 cores in a chiplet/die is awkward due to interconnect/bus issues, it's basically the same issue Intel has with scaling beyond 8 (or 10 in the 10th gen case) cores per die, the e-cores are a 'workaround' for that by being on a seperate ring where latency isn't as important.

How is that a true statement. You posted a bnechmark on your 7700x compared to the 12900k and the difference was huge, the 7700x was stomping on the 12900k. :D
You love an argument. Fact is he is right, realistically, 12th Gen, 13th gen, Zen 5 to the eye most will not notice the difference.

Is it a fair assumption that Zen 4's cache (ring clock) is clocked higher at stock, than Intel's 12 and 13th gen CPUs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom