• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

I have the 12600kf and z690 motherboard and was thinking of getting 13600kf and Z790 but I don't see the point as there seems to be not much more for the extra money it would cost, apart from going ddr5.

Last edited:
Has anyone dropped the 13900k into the hero z690 yet. I got around to testing mine tonight and when I install it my nvme near the cpu won't work. In fact I have to reset the bios to make it boot. Xmp just fails with error 23. Latest bios running. Running gskill @6600 cl30 without issues on the 12900k. Tried reseating the cpu etc. Cb23 gets the same score as the 12900k but doesn't go over 85 degrees at stock. Trying to work out if this is a cpu or board issue

did you update Intel management engine and all that stuff? Seen a lot of bugs/errors with people who havent. Double check everything is up to date!

From our group, general feedback for OC'ing 13900k/kf is around a 5.8 all core as a common case. Then some that can do 59x but need cooling. 60x is just very rare. This is pcores. Ecores 4.6-4.7. Ring around 4.9-5.1

Last edited:
Pre-ordered one for a friends build and got an early delivery from OCUK, Very impressed with the performance and with a little negative voltage offset temps are pretty decent.

Nice! Not tried undervolting yet, but will do so. What settings are you using? Adaptive undervolt? and which motherboard if you don't mind me asking? :)

Nice to have an "efficiency" profile saved in EUFI as well as a "bench/performance" profile (ready for the cold winter days :P). Have similar with my 4090, 70% power target profile which I use most of the time, 350W power draw and ~5% less performance, no brainer!

Nice! Not tried undervolting yet, but will do so. What settings are you using? Adaptive undervolt? and which motherboard if you don't mind me asking? :)

Nice to have an "efficiency" profile saved in EUFI as well as a "bench/performance" profile (ready for the cold winter days :p). Have similar with my 4090, 70% power target profile which I use most of the time, 350W power draw and ~5% less performance, no brainer!
Mine using adaptive core settings x57 minimum boosting upto x62, using static e core and ring, there next to tune.
I used the guide here, very in depth but allows you to tune for power efficiency or max adaptive usage. https://www.overclock.net/threads/a...-13900k-a-tuning-guide-for-beginners.1801569/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom