• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Soldato
Great deal on 13600kf out there currently. Couple it with a z690 board and re use ddr4. Easily the performance to value combo of this generation.

I think the 5700X is currently the best high performance chip to build around.

I’ve been very tempted to upgrade the last remaining Intel systems.

Associate
I think the 5700X is currently the best high performance chip to build around.

I’ve been very tempted to upgrade the last remaining Intel systems.
5800X3D if you have AM4 or 13700k with DDR4 are the best high end builds on value for money right now IMHO.
Going above (13900k or Zen 4) is going to cost significantly more for not that much more performance, especially in gaming.

Soldato
5800X3D if you have AM4 or 13700k with DDR4 are the best high end builds on value for money right now IMHO.
Going above (13900k or Zen 4) is going to cost significantly more for not that much more performance, especially in gaming.

Yeah both decent chips, but getting on for twice price particularly when you consider the extra cost for Intels cooling requirements.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah both decent chips, but getting on for twice price particularly when you consider the extra cost for Intels cooling requirements.
I don't disagree with that but I tend to buy things in a perspective that they will have to perform acceptably for 5+ years (I'm on an i7-3770k right now to give you an idea).

Soldato
OP
Pleased to say that a lot of the things Intel said were true regarding Meteor Lake, as I originally highlighted here:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/raptor-lake-leaks.18941625/#post-35225614

Particularly a tweet, describing Meteor Lake as "a breakthrough 2023 client processor", from March 2021:

There's caveats though, because MTL desktop CPUs, just like the mobile chips will be limited to 6 cores.

BUT - Intel has a worthwhile CPU development on the new Intel 4 EUV fabrication process (originally described as 7nm) scheduled to ship this year:

These CPUs will be far more efficient than Intel's 10nm (Intel 7) based CPUs, and will feature a new CPU architecture.

So, I got this prediction wrong by about 6 months "Intel may be able to release Meteor Lake instead as the 13th generation, in late 2022 / the 1st half of 2023"...

Also, it will definitely be part of the 14th generation.

It looks like it will have taken them about 2 years to get from a fully working Meteor Lake prototype, to a desktop series ready for launch:
https://www.techspot.com/news/91906-intel-powers-first-14th-gen-meteor-lake-cpu.html

Last edited:
Associate

Seby from our OC group managed to win against the established names. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom