1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rasberry Pi - Software To Loop Video Files To TV

Discussion in 'Linux & Open Source' started by steve_c, Nov 19, 2018.

1. steve_c

Hitman

Hi all,

Had a thought of doing something last night and was wondering if any of you had any ideas as to how I could achieve it.

I have a shop with a display screen in the window which basically loops through a USB key of video files which advertise price reductions etc.

It's sometimes difficult for me to get to the shop and I would like the ability to change the content remotely

I was thinking about having a Rasberry Pi (latest version) which uses some form of software (maybe Kodi?) to play content from a remote store (which would be username / password protected).

I could then change the clips in the store and the changes would reflect on the display TV.

Is this sort of thing possible or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance

Steve

2. Stevio

Gangster

This should help:

https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi-video-looper/overview

Haven't tried it myself but Adafruit have some really good tutorials for all sorts of thing.

One thing it doesn't go into is changing the videos remotely. You might have to set up a network share with the pi that has the videos in and change the videos in that.

3. GodAtum

Wise Guy

or link a dropbox to the pi and change videos there