Raspberry Pi / Arduino question

Associate
Hello

Not sure if this is the correct forum, sorry if not...

I've got a project in mind but haven't a clue where to start researching. I was basically wondering if the below is possible using a PI, Arduino or other "device"

1) receive a voltage input from a relay contact
2) energise an "output" relay when the above input is received
3) connect to an IP network with other PIs / Arduino / other "devices" doing the same job in another location but on the same network.
4) an input received on "device" 1 could also trigger an output on other "devices" on the network

So can this be do done? If so, what's the most efficient solution and how difficult would this be to learn myself? I'm tech savvy, electrically minded etc.

Thank you for your time.

Mike

Associate
OP
Excellent, thanks. So out of a PI or Arduino, which would you recommend and do you have a pointer as to a good starting place for research / forums etc?

And yes, you're right, this could be done using cables however the expense / hassle involved in running them would cost too much. Part of the potential cable run would go outdoors so would need ground excavation hence my preference to use an IP network to link the "devices" / nodes / zones. The IP network already exists in all areas btw.

Plus a little part of this is me wanting to try / learn something new.

Thank you

Mike

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for your responses. I shall be going with an RPi solution.

Can't find anywhere that immediately describes how to get RPi 1 triggering an output on RPi 2 but I'm going to look at the RPi website and forum. Looking forward to figuring this out.

Thanks again

Mike

Back
Top Bottom