Ratko Mladic jailed for life by UN Tribunal.

Soldato
Well the evil ******* Ratko Mladic has been jailed for life after being found guilty of 10 of the 11 charges especially for "Significantly contributing" to the genocide in Srebrenica in 1995.

The whole Bosnian conflict was a horrible sordid affair that dragged NATO into a highly politicised position putting soldiers in far to difficult a situation given the mandate.

Just glad the International community have genuinely tried to bring the perpetrators of much of the atrocities to justice. I hope some of the victims who survived can start to find some sort of closure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42080090

good, was a shame that Serbia was slow to hand him over... also sadly it is only a few significant figureheads who will ever face justice for this stuff, there will be plenty of known Serbian (and other) war criminals living their lives as normal

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/politics/2014/04/john-pilger-reminds-us-kosovo

Genocide? What genocide? This war like most others is for political reasons. Where are the tens of thousands... Nay hundreds of thousands nay tens of thousands of bodies? Oh they were put in the salt mines and melted in sulphuric acid... They were able to launch WMDs in 45mins.

NATO and US/UK expansionism and enforcement of political ideology. There was no genocide, the media (BBC) did another brilliant job of lying to the public to drag a war that led to NATO killing hundreds if not thousands of innocents. Remember them promising not to attack the broadcasting building? BANG! Oops lol fooled you... Now lets pick up your bodies.

How many bodies have they found again?

How many have died in US/UK sponsored wars in Iraq? 600,000-1,000,000 (no charges no genocide). How many in Libya? 200,000-500,000 (no charges no genocide). How many in the unreported news (cheers BBC) in Yemen? 30,000-75,000 (no genocide no charges). How many in US sponsored Syria? 100,000-250,000 (no genocide no charges). How many in Afghanistan? 30,000-40,000 (no genocide no charges). How many in US sponsored drone strikes? 5,000-10,000 (no genocide no charges). How many in US sponsored actions via proxy in Sudan against Darfur? 1,000,000-2,500,000 (no genocide no charges).

I love how victors are untouchable. Its like if you win the law doesn't apply.

My work employees a lot of Serbians, they say that a lot of what's reported is untrue and that most Serbs hold the view that he's a commander that stopped yet another ethnic cleansing of the Serbian population West of river Drina .

Personally, If someone is proved complicit in killing innocent people then they should be tried for war crimes and yes I suppose that does include Tony Blair.

Genocide? What genocide? This war like most others is for political reasons. Where are the tens of thousands... Nay hundreds of thousands nay tens of thousands of bodies? Oh they were put in the salt mines and melted in sulphuric acid...

Nobody claimed that Mladić was responsible for 'tens of thousands' or 'hundreds of thousands' of deaths. The figure currently stands at ~19,000. Investigators have recovered the remains of 6,900 so far.

How many have died in US/UK sponsored wars in Iraq? 600,000-1,000,000 (no charges no genocide).

Whataboutism won't change the facts, but I don't mind playing. Notice how I provide sources for my responses, instead of just randomly posting big numbers with no evidence to support them.

Iraq Body Count said:
Total violent deaths including combatants: 268,000

https://www.iraqbodycount.org

Most of these people were killed by non-Western forces.

How many in Libya? 200,000-500,000 (no charges no genocide).

9,754. The West (which intervened after the war had already begun) was responsible for several dozen, at most.

How many in the unreported news (cheers BBC) in Yemen? 30,000-75,000 (no genocide no charges).

8,670–10,000. None killed by the West.

The BBC has been covering this war extensively.

'Yemen crisis: Who is fighting whom?'

'Yemen war: Aid agencies await Saudi clearance to reach rebel ports.'

'Yemen war: Saudi coalition 'to let aid reach rebel-held port.''

'Yemen war: First aid flights arrive since blockade.'

'Yemen crisis: 'The forgotten war.''

'Yemen crisis.'

I guess you never look at the BBC.

How many in US sponsored Syria? 100,000-250,000 (no genocide no charges).

331,765–475,000. Of these, 116,774–166,094 were pro-government combatants. The Syrian Civil War is sponsored by Russia on one side, and the USA on the other side.

How many in Afghanistan? 30,000-40,000 (no genocide no charges).

74,362 (43,362 combatants and 31,000 civilians).

How many in US sponsored drone strikes? 5,000-10,000 (no genocide no charges).

Capture.png

(Source).

How many in US sponsored actions via proxy in Sudan against Darfur? 1,000,000-2,500,000 (no genocide no charges).

300,000 from the entire war. I don't have specific figures for US sponsored actions via proxy. Where is your evidence that such actions have resulted in 1,000,000-2,500,000 deaths?

I love how victors are untouchable. Its like if you win the law doesn't apply.

None of your examples are relevant or equivalent to the Serbian war, only one of them involves genocide (Darfur), your figures are completely wrong, you have falsely blamed the West for most of the casualties, and you have completely avoided the role of non-Western forces.

Fun fact: the last time a Western nation committed genocide, the rest of the West rose up to oppose it—and won. Google 'Adolf Hitler.'

You're welcome.

Didn't Jeremy Corbyn deny the massacres ever took place?

Possibly, but I haven't found a source that confirms this. Some details would help. When and where did he deny the massacres ever took place?

My work employees a lot of Serbians, they say that a lot of what's reported is untrue and that most Serbs hold the view that he's a commander that stopped yet another ethnic cleansing of the Serbian population West of river Drina.

'Serbians deny Ratko Mladić's role in ethnic cleansing.' Wow, how surprising. :rolleyes:

The Bosnian genocide actually happened, and it was very bad.

Possibly, but I haven't found a source that confirms this. Some details would help. When and where did he deny the massacres ever took place.

I don't know own much about it but one of the presenters on LBC mentioned it a few nights ago.

Just googled it and found a few articles. It seems he praised someone else who suggested it. No idea how reliable the story is.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/uk-labour-frontrunner-queried-on-kosovo-motion-08-17-2015

Back in 2004, Corbyn, MP for a constituency in Islington in north London, signed a parliamentary motion that praised an article by leftist journalist John Pilger “reminding readers of the devastating human cost of the so-termed ‘humanitarian’ invasion of Kosovo, led by NATO and the United States in the Spring of 1999, without any sanction of the United Nations Security Council [and] congratulates John Pilger on his expose of the fraudulent justifications for intervening in a ‘genocide’ that never really existed in Kosovo”.

My work employees a lot of Serbians, they say that a lot of what's reported is untrue and that most Serbs hold the view that he's a commander that stopped yet another ethnic cleansing of the Serbian population West of river Drina .

not too surprising similar to various Russians who are happy to ignore the rampant corruption, political murders and think Putin is awesome

Back
Top Bottom