Ray Ban sunglasses repair

Soldato
No, not a spam post :p. One of the nose arms of my Ray Bans has snapped off after being bent back and forth a couple of times.

Has anyone had any repaired or just the frames replaced? Ray Ban offer a repair service but it costs just to inspect and needs posting to the US. Can imagine it costing almost as much as a new pair.

Also struggling to find sellers of just the frames (and then who would swap the glass, I wouldn't want to risk it!).

Any advice welcome!

Caporegime
normal spectacle places may do it.i would ask they may point you to the right place. i fear though the cost of repair will as you point out probably be as much as the glasses are worth or even more.

if they are vintage i would try find some 2nd hand see what the price is.

do people still wear tom cruise bans :p

Soldato
I use to wear aviators all the time, but then i discovered Maui Jim pilots and never wore any of my ray-bans again. I couldn't help feel like i was getting ripped off with the ray-bans in terms of lens quality. The lenses seemed no better than any off the shelf top-man job.

Soldato
I smashed a lens on mine and Ray Ban wanted a ridiculous amount for a replacement one. Ended up getting some third party ones that seem to do just as good a job.

Commissario
My optician is a Bausch and Lomb dealer and when exactly the same happened to my Ray Bans, even though they were over ten years old, they said they'd get them replaced. They sent them away, they came back a couple of weeks later with new frames. No charge.

Ray Ban support is legendary.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I've had great service from Ray-Ban. You need to contact Luxxotica in the UK. I got a carbon pair replaced and then I had a chipped lens in my aviators they sent me a fresh pair of polarised lenses and the screws. I'm about to buy a new pair based on the service received.

I contacted them here [email protected] .

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hmmm ok will have to contact them. It's one of the nose supports, the metal's snapped off and the frame is gold coloured so I'd assume it's a whole new frame rather than a repair.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
When I spoke with them the first thing she said was they don't do repairs in the UK. You'd be best pushing for a replacement frame as they can do that (which is what happened with my carbon pair).

Caporegime
Good luck...

2gvq9hk.jpg

Soldato
Yes you can get them repaired. You have two options.

One buy the spare part from Luxotica directly, which will be the front frame. There's only a few parts to each pair of sunglasses, front, left lens, right lens, left arm and right arm. There will be a specific part number for each component. Rayban use to be owned by Bausch & Lomb and they had a repair service in the UK, where you could send them in.

Your other option, if im understanding correctly, is the nose piece is snapped off, at the metal join. if you still have it, any jeweler should be able to solder it back on, if you're not capable.

Anyway hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom