Razer Blade 15 Advanced

Associate
I was dead set on getting a blade due to its mix of portability and graphical fidelity. HOWEVER, I'm seeing various reviews ranging from it being a fantastic all round machine, to one with poor build quality and staying power (dying after 1 year or 2).

Any owners with opinions on the machine? (Feel free to recommend alternatives)
Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Not owned one but the majority of negative reviews seems to be about swollen batteries and poor support (non existent) from Razer when dealing with repairs.
There are good reviews as well, but for such laptop that charges a premium over the competition you’d expect that it shouldn’t be a lottery and that you would get something alone the lines of Apple quality control and support.

I have tried a few laptops lately, Alienware Area51m, MSI GE66, Lenovo Legion 7i, Aorus 15G. The Aorus was my favourite. Currently holding out for the new RTX 3000 series GPUs in laptops and before possibly ordering an Aorus 17G or 17X. (Dependant on prices and what the competition offers).

RTX 3000 GPUs in laptops are expected to be announced next week as CES and rumour has it Asus and MSI may be the first to market, with others releasing around April time.

Man of Honour
I have a Razer Blade 15 their support is woeful, it has had a new secondary HDD and battery due to bloating in less than 2 years. Once it is dead it won't be replaced with another Razer product.

Associate
i just brought mine Saturday gone, so far i am loving it coming from a Dell G7 laptop which i am selling. The only thing i don't like is that it only has one m.2 nvme slot. I only had the laptop for a week so i haven't had any problems yet but *fingers cross* i wont come across any

Associate
I bought a Razer 15" advanced model in 2018 from a Microsoft store in Austin, no problems at all so far, torn between updating it with the newer 3000 series or going Alienware. The only issue is that the Razer GPUs are all Max-Q rather than Max-P which you can get on the Alienware.

Soldato
i just brought mine Saturday gone, so far i am loving it coming from a Dell G7 laptop which i am selling. The only thing i don't like is that it only has one m.2 nvme slot. I only had the laptop for a week so i haven't had any problems yet but *fingers cross* i wont come across any

Why the switch. Just a hardware upgrade?

Associate
Why the switch. Just a hardware upgrade?

Yeah the dell has a 2060 and a 9th gen i7, but having the razer for 2 weeks nearly i can instantly tell the performance difference. The screen is a lot better 300hz on the razer compared to 144hz on the dell, the only thing is that the razer model that i have has a 1 slot for a m.2 drive.

Soldato
Is there that much if a difference other than the screen?

Razer will have RTX 3060 and better AMD CPUs by the middle of the year. Should be a big leap forward.

I've gone for a 2060 and AMD but on a cheaper machine. It's mostly for the kids. I plan on buying something better for myself but it will be more used as a mobile workstation and a bit of gaming. I've been looking at machines like
Razer but not pulled the trigger yet.

Back
Top Bottom