Razer Orochi v2

Man of Honour
I'm quite surprised this mouse has very little mention on this forum. I've previously been using a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 mouse with my laptop.I really love those mice and they feel very robust. But my use case is changing and I will need to work away from home more regularly. So I've been looking around for a good compromise laptop and mouse which I can use for both work and a little gaming. After a fair amount of research I thought I would try the Razer Orochi v2 mouse. With a lithium battery it feels a fair amount lighter than the MX Anywhere 2, only slightly larger and still being able to connect via both bluetooth and RF. It also gets good reviews for gaming.

The buttons feel great. It is responsive and seems good for gaming. I would prefer an inbuilt battery but I guess the flip side of needing a AA (or a AAA) is longevity. The only strong negative is that the sensor is a little far forward which gives a slightly different feel when playing compared to my Logitech G Pro Superlight. But it's not a lot heavier. I expect that slight forward sensor feeling will feel fine after some more time using it.

Anyway, it seems a good mouse and worth considering if you are looking for a portable gaming mouse.

Associate
Did you experience any skipping with the mouse? I'm just returning my v2. I chose the Orochi as its similar in shape to the G305 and saw the sensor was good. I kept getting skipping when tracking and also clicks sometimes wouldn't initiate (Having to click 2-3 times to open a program for example).

I read that it is a common problem with this mouse. There was a firmware released for the skipping, but my mouse already had the latest firmware on. Also the Speed of the USB port can effect the performance! If the dongle is plugged into anything other than a USB3.0 port can lead to issues. Its a shame as i like the feel of the mouse.

Associate
I have run the Orochi v2 at work for the best part of a year. It has been faultless. I would say, compared to my old Logitech G305, it does go through batteries a fair bit faster. But it gives plenty of warning when low (often lasts a couple days once the red light comes on).

Back
Top Bottom