Razer Tartarus V2

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up about the new model. I have just ordered from Razer direct.

I have the Orbweaver and was never happy about the feel of the keys. This looks like it will be much better.

Soldato
Always been interested in those things, never made the jump. Tiny bit worried about Synapse, and how it plays with the Logitech software. And how those thingsd comapre to keyboards. But, could do with something more 'ergonomic', and with more thumb options (for voice and stuff).

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the heads up about the new model. I have just ordered from Razer direct.

I have the Orbweaver and was never happy about the feel of the keys. This looks like it will be much better.

No problem mate. Im hoping we will have some news soon.

Always been interested in those things, never made the jump. Tiny bit worried about Synapse, and how it plays with the Logitech software. And how those thingsd comapre to keyboards. But, could do with something more 'ergonomic', and with more thumb options (for voice and stuff).

I havent used a keyboard for gaming for around 10 years. I find these gamepads more intuituve and more comfortable.

Soldato
Mine arrived yesterday direct from Razor,

Unfortunately my other half has decided its now my Christmas present :(

For what its worth, the box looks great and it shipped from Razor pretty quick

OcUK Staff

V F

V F

Soldato
Mmm! I’m intrigued about this for the thumb direction button. Trying to imagine how that would work for Quake Champions.

Associate
Hi All, I received mine yesterday direct from Razer and have since put it through its paces in battlefront 2.

I had the orbweaver stealth addition (machanical keys) for a couple of years before the keys kept on falling off so can make a fair comparison.

Pros:
  • Build quality is very good.
  • The hybrid switches are satisfying to press. Honestly don't mind they are not full on mechanical. Note, they are just as loud as Razer Greens! Fine by me.
  • The arm rest is a definite upgrade.
  • The scroll wheel is high quality and easy to reach with my finger and I have average size hands. Though, havent figured a use for it yet.
  • D pad is definitely improved. Feels more precise. I have it currently bound to a macro where I can 'roll/ dodge' in that direction.
Cons:
  • Not as adjustable as my old stealth orbweaver (you can't move the space bar on this one).
  • Razer synapysis 3 in beta and won't recognise my main keybaord.
  • The button above the d pad is hard and 'clicky'. Functional for sure but not as good. This is just a normal button not a hybrid or membrane.
All in all I'm happy with my purchase.

That said, if wolfking ever release a machanical version of their old circular keybaord I would be all over it. Much better fundemental gaming pad design imo.

Soldato
OP
Um, any news on this please ?

Im still waiting to buy it. Yes i could have bought it elsewhere but i have OcUK vouchers still waiting :D

Er, and somehow its gone up a magical £20 despite not ever being in stock ?

OcUK Staff
Um, any news on this please ?

Im still waiting to buy it. Yes i could have bought it elsewhere but i have OcUK vouchers still waiting :D

Looks like being 06/06/18 now.

Er, and somehow its gone up a magical £20 despite not ever being in stock ?

The $/£ has dropped about 20% since January unfortunately and so my buy price has gone up :(

Associate
Not as adjustable as my old stealth orbweaver (you can't move the space bar on this one).
Hey Crixus, sorry for the necro.
Was just wondering what your thoughts on the tartarus were now?
I am looking to replace my orb weaver from 2014, still working, but after yearly having to restick down the rubber rests with 3m double sided tape and trimming as it stretches, it's looking a bit rough to say the least.
My main concern is the lack of adjustment as I take a long time to adapt nowadays and I actually use the top two rows for movement not the second and third as intended currently.
I know everyone's views are subjective and that hand size/grip is different but just would like someone's insight who moved from the orb weaver to the tartarus as I don't like buying and returning things opened.
Edit: Is that scroll wheel on the bottom right of the keypad a gimmick or is it actually useful?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom