Razer - THX SPATIAL AUDIO

Soldato
Wow.... downloaded the trial from here and I'm blown away

https://www2.razer.com/ap-en/thx-spatial-audio

The accuracy of the sound is amazing, played some Siege and COD:CW / Warzone and the different between this and the Soundblaster SBX Pro Studio is night and day. Don't get me wrong that did 7.1 kind of well but it lacked the sound distancing e.g. footsteps would be coming from one direction but I couldn't tell how far

But with THX Spatial its exactly how I want it. I tried Dolby Atoms on a free trial and it was meh imo.

This coupled with my ancient Corsair VOID PRO Surround Premium headset is top combo :)

Soldato
OP
Tried it and much like all the others, it sounds interesting at first but ended up resorting to standard stereo.

Thanks for sharing all the same.

Maybe its game specific? Dolby Atmos didn't do much for me but this is literally a game changer for my Siege and COD gaming

Soldato
OP
Tried it but doesn't work if you have a creative ae5 card, on either headphones or speakers even in direct mode. Do remember trying out their old surround sound software and it was pretty good before I got the sound card so this may be good for standard devices. Thanks

That's strange, I have a SB Z and it works for me. The software is just a layer in-between your sound card and Windows 10 so it shouldn't matter what sound card you have

Soldato
OP
A good high quality pair of headphones in STEREO will beat this hands down in hearing enemies - you will not hear more details and easier and have a wider soundstage but you won't need DSP that destroys the frequency curve

this software and others like it are there to try and make crappy cheap headphones sounds slightly better but they are all quite limited

Also, if you insist on using this software, as far as I'm aware reviews have shown that the absolute best one is the Dolby Atmos app that's embedded in windows

I disagree, this software with my Razer Blackshark V2 is the best combo I've had and I've been using headsets since the Unreal Tournament days

Soldato
OP
Upgraded to Windows 11 and for some reason this sounds pants now. It's throwing all the sound at me at once so directional audio is drowned out. I've stopped using it until Razer update the software.

Soldato
OP
After being fed up of having to uninatall them reinstall the THX software I decided to try something else.

Both Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone X are on sale so I purchased them to try out.

Dolby Atmos gave no real difference to normal stereo windows 11 sound, in fact it sounded worse at times in terms of clarity and positional audio.

DTS headphone X is.... Something else! The sound is crystal clear, the positional audio is the best I've experienced. I could easily tell where shots were being fired from, footsteps and explosions etc... Its all better quality audio as the bitrate is higher than Dolby.

There's a 14 days trial at the moment in the MS Store I strongly suggest anyone to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom