Razer Tiamat 7.1 vs Astro A40 vs Sennheiser PC 363D

Associate
After a week of reading reviews I cant decide which headset is better for me the Razer Tiamat 7.1 or the Astro A40. I want to use the headset just for gaming.

I have read that the Razer get bad reviews from people who dont have a good soundcard or no soundcard at all. Well i dont have a separate soundcard but my motherboard MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z has SupremeFX X-Fi 2 built in. Is that gonna be enough?

The Astro A40's get good reviews, but i think i prefer the idea of analog instead of optical, so Im not really sure on what to get.

any help guys please?

edit: ive added the Sennheiser PC 363D on here too as a lot of people are recommending them

Last edited:
Associate
your better of asking in the sound section mate, although from previous feedback i got always suggest that your better off with a headphone and seperate mic

Associate
I have the Tiamat (bought it cheap off a mate), running it off the on board 7.1 sound from my Gigabyte GA-Z77D3H motherboard.

At first it wasn't that great, but I read up a bit online, plugged the USB power into a dedicated USB charger rather than into a PC USB connector and created a custom profile, that was to my liking.

Now its great!

I don't think I could stretch to the £160 that OCUK sell it for but for what I paid (50 quid ish) I had a result.

Associate
Hi m8, I recently got a set of PC 350 se,s. I must admit I was not too keen at first but after some tinkering with my soundcard settings I now think they are awesome .Also got them from rainforest for a very good price. Another thing I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago and thought about getting the 363 D's but was told that they were basically the 360s with a USB soundcard. I also looked at the astros but if you read a lot of reviews a lot of people in the know say the mic is not the best. A lot of sound guys will tell you ,you will not go wrong with a set of sennheisers and I must admit I would agree. I also own a pair of HD 518 s and they are fantastics as well. Just one thing you will need a soundcard if you wasn't the 350s. You could get a set of these and a xonar dgx for a bit cheaper than the 360 s and a lot cheaper tHan the Astros and the 363 s. I am just a guy who loves his gamin chap and this is just my opinion. Help it might help m8.

Associate
I don't trust these "7.1" headsets. It's a gimmick to me and sounds worse. With my stereo headphones I can hear footsteps above, below, behind, etc in CSGO just fine.
i have the razor Tiamat and they are spot on .. you can adjust each speaker individually to get teh sweet spot, need a decent 7.1 sound card with them though, but they are comfy for long periods and block all outside sound during a heavy gaming session :)

Back
Top Bottom