Razer Viper gaming mouse adds optical switch technology

Soldato
That's a nicer angle than some of the gimmicks companies come out with to sell a mouse.

Light gates have been used long before the ball in mice was ditched (for scroll wheels and the sensors to determine the ball movement) so its very known stuff and the mechanic of breaking a light beam is very robust.

The little metal springs are still in the switch to make the mechanical click and tactile feedback and that's not as robust. Still, a little better than a usual microswitch.

OcUK Staff
Are ocuk getting this anytime soon?

Should be here next week or week after!

Razer Viper USB Optical Ambidextrous Wired Lightweight Gaming Mouse (RZ01-02550100-R3M1) @ £79.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Raze...aming-Mouse-RZ01-02550100-R3M1-KB-12W-RA.html

Razer 5G Advanced Optical Sensor with true 16000 DPI, Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration, 1000 Hz Ultrapolling, Razer™ Optical Mouse Switches with 70 million clicks life cycle

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Man of Honour
I'm considering cancelling my Model O pre-order for this, although the price is higher than I'm really prepared to spend. The only real issue seems to be that the buttons on both sides are slightly harder to hit, which was a design choice due to being ambidextrous.

Permabanned
Synapse will never be installed for me even though i like the instant acuation. 0.3ms 1000hz? Is there going to be a trend now where more mice use this?

I would be annoyed if Corsair or Asus do not bring optical switches to thier mice but Razer need to reign in how bloated and unneccesary thier mouse drivers are. It is not even a driver, It is a whole suite of logging, analytics, spyware, bloatware etc. Just give me the damm usb driver?

V F

V F

Soldato
Mmm, love how they've separated the buttons like the Rival 310. Though, A Razer... 69g?!

Ordered. Another added to my collection lol. Can't t wait to try it out and see how it compares to the others.

Honestly tempted myself but Synapse.

Permabanned
There is Open Razer but it may not support the Viper to start with. But as it has onboard memory you could set it up on a Windows or MacOS machine and it would remember the settings.

I just noticed that, I wonder then can you turn off Synapse? It used to have a load of processes running sadly. But you know i really like this mouse and the Huntsman also looks nice. A part of me is sadly thinking that if you had both and it could run minimally then it might be as good as two seperate softwares like i have now Asus and Corsair CUE set to work but they do not startup where as Synapse would always be there on the tray sucking resources.

One thing i will say is when you run a combo of a vendor using both thier KB and Mice the macro combinations are insane because you record keyboard macros and put them on the mouse buttons.

Man of Honour
How did they manage to get this Razer down to 69g without the silly hex holes?
I heard that the holes are n places you can't see, such as underneath the feet and behind the side grips, etc.

I just noticed that, I wonder then can you turn off Synapse? It used to have a load of processes running sadly. But you know i really like this mouse and the Huntsman also looks nice. A part of me is sadly thinking that if you had both and it could run minimally then it might be as good as two seperate softwares like i have now Asus and Corsair CUE set to work but they do not startup where as Synapse would always be there on the tray sucking resources.

One thing i will say is when you run a combo of a vendor using both thier KB and Mice the macro combinations are insane because you record keyboard macros and put them on the mouse buttons.

Another option would be to get a cheap Windows key from Amazon or ebay and fire up Windows in a VM with something like Virtualbox. Then pass through the USB device and update settings on the Windows VM.

Soldato
Just realised they couldn't help shaking and distorting the crap out of the camera view while watching the stunt hand click the buttons and scroll the wheel from 1.37

Ah yes the mind altering effects of button clicking on the new Razer mouse :p

Back
Top Bottom