1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re installing Yosemite OS X

Discussion in 'Apple Software' started by sniperone, Sep 11, 2017.

1. sniperone

Wise Guy

I have a late 2013 macbook pro that i use exclusively for studio work i dont ever connect it to the internet and dont want to upgrade the OSX to the lastest version as support for legacy usb 1.1 hardware is non existent .I want to wipe the machine and re-set as its been a little sluggish the last week or so

Anyway open booting and holding down command and r and selecting re install i just keep getting a message saying its not available . Have google this and cant seen to find a clear answer and have been trying for 2 days now to re install without any luck .

Any idea what could be the problem ?

2. ChrisD.

Capodecina

What does the message say exactly? You could download it manually, put it on a USB and boot from that to install it.

3. sniperone

Wise Guy

The message i am getting is " This item is temporary unavailable please try again latter "

I could download and install from usb but im not sure were to find a legit copy and how to re install from usb if im totally honest .

4. ChrisD.

Capodecina

5. sniperone

Wise Guy

Tried that its not available as it was installed when i purchased the laptop and this will be the first time i have reset.

6. sniperone

Wise Guy

Anyone have any idea on how I can do this ?

7. sniperone

Wise Guy

So it turns out Yosemite OS X is no longer avalible,So i requested a call back and was walked through how i could get a downlaod running a terminal command

8. rotor

Wise Guy

Would you mind showing how you did it? I'm curious.