Re-roof cost?

Soldato
Looking to get my house reroofed its a 3 bed terrace, new tiles in marley modern, new ridge tiles, chimney capped and repointed, new guttering approx 12m worth and new soffits and facias. Roof is approx 60m2. Any idea of cost?

Soldato
OP
I thought of something last night, if you are replacing slate with with a concrete tile you should consider the weight, Marley Modern is 54kgm2 slate is 20kgm2, you may need to reinforce the sub structure.

The council recently re roofed the neighbouring houses with marly modern I think. the houses are the same as mine with no problems but i will ask the roofer when he comes round. Whats the price difference between slate and marly modern?

Soldato
OP
Just had 1st quote, to strip roof, install felt, new battans, reuse the good slates(he said a few were bad) new gutters, remove chimney stack(we will never use it), put upvc soffits and facias over exsisting wooden ones(again not in bad nick) came to £3200 or to install tiles (conflex i think he said) £3500.
Asked about the weight of tiles but he wasnt concerned even though he dudnt go into the loft. So a good quote or not?
Got another guy coming tonight so will see how they compare.

Soldato
OP
Re using slates has got to be the best balance of cost and value. They can flip them or trim the delaminating leading edge off and replace what break or are unusable.

What is the extent of the chimney stack? are they just cutting it down to below the tiles or removing to say the loft joist level?

Chimney is going just below tiles which is fine by me theres no real need to goto joist level.

Soldato
OP
Having a rethink about removing the chimney it depends on whether we stay in this house(unlikely as household income is 70k gross now and will continue to rise, the house is worth 80kish so in say 5 years time when we have saved a fair whack we will be moving) at least if the chimney is still there then we have the option.

Back
Top Bottom