Re: Scuffed Bumper worth getting repaired?

Soldato
@Armageus
You said you got a quote of £175 for a SMART repair.

That's what I would do - it's exactly what a SMART repair is for, they do these kind of small jobs day in day out, and will 99% be able to make it invisible or as close as.

To summarise the other options that you've been considered:
- £180 Half a bumper resprayed.
No because the majority of body shops will not respray half a bumper.
- £127 New bumper
No because at that prices it's unlikely to be painted, and even if it was then it likely won't match due to paint aging
- Claiming on your Insurance
No because nobody in the right mind would make a claim for minor damage, due to excess and then affect on future premiums

To summarise the options that others have suggested that you've basically ignored:
- SMART Repair
Quote of £175, but apparently you can't find anywhere safe for him to work. Would likely be the best outcome vs cost
- DIY repair - ChipEx Kit, wet sanding, bufffing etc.
Cost would likely be £30-£80 depending on what products etc you need to purchase v what you already have e.g. polish etc. Would likely improve the appearance, but unlikely to be a full repair unless you have experience. Low cost
- Proper Bodyshop repair
Likely £250+. Downsides being time taken and cost.
- Do Nothing
Cheapest option. Could be done immediately. Could get on with your and everyone else's life immediately. Worst option appearance wise though

Well I bought a voucher for £20 offering 50% off £200 worth of services at a SMART repairer who has his own workshop. I just have to drive out there and catch a bus back. He's going to do it for £105 and the bus fares will cost me £5. So £130 in total including the voucher.

Its all booked in. Here's a photo of the scratch to remind you...

hgV2L07.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom