Re-Size BAR Option, Unsupported Hardware

Associate
Specs listed in signature.
I have option to enable resizable bar in latest bios, but my hardware seems to be not listed to support it. Will this work if I enable it?

Associate
Resizable Bar is only available if you have a 3xxx & 5xxx series CPU and also then requires a 3xxx series gfx card. The GFX card needs to also have it's vBIOS updated to support it

Associate
It can be enabled in the BIOS even if the card doesn't support it, it just won't do anything if the GPU isn't supported. For Nvidia cards only the 3000 series are supported.

Soldato
Ryzen 3000 CPUs don’t support ReBAR yet.

only Ryzen 5000 CPUs atm

you need AMD GPU 6000 series and Nvidia RTX 3000 series GPU. Nvidia cards need vBIOS flashing. Not all games are supported for Nvidia cards.

Soldato
What board are you running?

how strange, I swapped out my 3900x not that long ago maybe 1week and a bit and have had that reBar bios for months and option not available...

Soldato
Make sure your bios is using AHCI before turning it on. If it’s not because your boot drive is using MBR, and your gfx card has a bios that allows rebar you will get a black screen with no ability to enter bios to change the setting back.

Ask me how I know..... Thankfully nicking my daughter’s graphics card to get into bios allowed me to rescue the situation.

Associate
I think resizable bar is not useful feature at this moment.
It only give you 1-5% increase in FPS. Sometimes you get less than the normal settings.
If it give 5-10% then it's worth feature

Associate
I think resizable bar is not useful feature at this moment.
It only give you 1-5% increase in FPS. Sometimes you get less than the normal settings.
If it give 5-10% then it's worth feature

LOL, even 1% fps over competitors is priceless. It seems that in reality it gives between circa 0% and 10% depending on the game. And it's currently locked by Nvidia to specific approved games, although you can edit the Windows Registry to add unsupported games if you choose.

Soldato
I've been playing around with it this afternoon and it's boosted my fps on Valhalla from 65 to 72

BFV runs badly though, but I haven't played it in ages so unsure if it's to do with REBAR or not

Back
Top Bottom