Real time image registration.

Soldato
Well I deemed the keyboard with my omnipotent digits.

There's no lens on the camera (bare sensor). The camera is an 16bit mono astro camera that is peltier cooled. In the video it's sensing the movement of my fingers (hence the shifting of some of the frames). Once the camera is mounted on a telescope it will be more sensitive to the alignment.

So.. what did I write..
1. The 16 bit mono camera driver that uses USB I/O without doing copies for speed..
2. The application that renders it's images in OpenGL for speed..
3. The image registration code that uses the GPU to register images as fast as the camera can supply them (15FPS, images take 0.057 seconds to align). That rotation and translation.

Now optimising this could be increased to 60fps greyscale as the images are aligned using each colour - Red, Green, Blue and Alpha here.
Later I'll add "super resolution" that means it will recover image details on the fly too as well as image stacking to reduce noise.

This will be used for high speed imaging for solar, planetary and DSO imaging :D

Soldato
OP
Update - here's lots of bug fixes later… I still need to re-optimise but as I press against the scope, the image appears to remain unchanged but the borders of the image shift..

Well chuffed so far :D

Back
Top Bottom