Really annoying problem

Associate
Right system is an Asrock dual 939 mobo, 1gb geil value and opty 146, also samsung 160 sata drive.

The problem is every now and again I get the hard disk light permanantly stay on my my machine grinds to a halt within say 1 minute. The only way I can describe it is kind of like there is some kind of memory leak so the hard disk is using all of its page file. When it first starts I can move the mouse but its gets more and more jerky until in the end I have to reset it. Now I've found this happen more if I'm say downloading with uTorrent, then open a folder with a lot of stuff in, or say have a few firefox windows open, then load up a poker client.

This has been going on pretty much since the new bits went in before christmas, but its bloody annoying and I havn't a clue where to start.

Any ideas? :)

Associate
OP
Just happened again :mad:

I had macromedia flash open whilst listening to a radio station through winamp, then fired up dreamweaver and it did it again :(

Associate
OP
Its very hard to get taskmanager up when it does it but I caught it last night and it appeared to be explorer.exe that was hogging all the cpu, ram was at 400mb which is about normal for me

Back
Top Bottom