Really annoying...

Suspended
Every time i overtake anyone around here in my EP3 Type R... I get flashed and Hooted at, as if im risking everyones life by overtaking in my 'underpowered' car.... Its stupid... Everyone thinks they will stop me from overtaking and driving at my speed (not rediculously fast...65 max in most national limits) by hooting and flashing at me.... Its so annoying!!! :mad:

Another thing that annoys me is how they insult the power of my car by breaking (especially if they're in MPVs)... I know they are probably only trying to 'help' but a 200bhp hot hatch vs a Fiat Ulysee isnt really much of an acceleration contest....

This morning, as i pulled into my house driveway... opened the gate etc, then got in the car to drive in... An only audi A3 1.6 drove past at about 30mph (IN A 60mph LIMIT!!!!) hooting and flashing as if i had been a complete ****.... I don't see how people can have the audacity to go mental at someone for undergoing a safe overtake in a national limit, when they are obviously not doing anywhere near the speed limit.

Suspended
OP
If EVERYONE you overtake is taking exception, you are doing it wrong.

not everyone.... there have been some **** drivers around here recently..... I overtook a Fiat Ulysee up a hill the other day... the guy cut accross infront of me and cut me up in the middle of the overtake almost causing a crash... and he went absolutely mental saying "if you wanna make something of it...." blah blah blah.... I said "Signal before you change lanes" and he was like "*%$$"£*^^ ^**^*£*$"....

Suspended
OP
I got flashed for the first time last night in my 106, by a woman in a Corsa she was doing 30 in a 60 and it was straight road for the next 3 miles, I mean, c'mon!

Thats what im on about.... Thats the thing that annoys me.... I never overtake on any bends or anything...

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12712589 said:
How did you manage to have a conversation with him? Where did you overtake, right before a junction where you both came to a halt ready for a fight? Great, no wonder you narked him.

Most of my overtakes, and indeed most peoples, take place out of town on A roads and B roads where even if somebody takes exception to you, you are long gone before you get a chance for them to pull up next to you and have an arguement.

It sounds like you are chavving around in your rice rocket blasting past everyone possible irrespective of conditions. If this is the case, small wonder you are narking people every time you do it.

This overtake was up a straight hill... the hill lasts about 500 yards before theres a right hand bend at the top.... there is a pull in on the right on the way up the hill... He skidded into the pull in as i was behind + back of him without signal. I stopped because i was so shocked and i asked him what he did it for... He pretty much started on me saying "Im not in the mood today mate" .... He probably had family issues or something so i shall forgive him... Still dangerous though...

Suspended
OP
What's your overtaking style? It's not the one where you welly it up behind them at a closing rate of knots and then pull out and execute the overtake in one slick move is it? Or the one where you tail gate them and then pull out and floor it?

Whatever is suitable for the situation. I'm not a complete loony... I do like to hear the sound of my car and feel the Vtec kick in as i overtake though... Maybe they flash me because they think im "thrashing" it...

Its funny how i never get flashed by people in respectable cars such as Lotus', BMWs etc... Its always by people in C1 Citroens and little 'non petrolhead' cars...

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12712626 said:
So you are also the type of person that thinks pulling over for a spot of road rage is a good idea?

It sounds like you are an aggresive driver of a hot hatch who drives everywhere at maximum attack, ready to snap. No wonder you are annoying people. Calm down before you kill yourself.

It wasnt road rage.... I was shaking because it was really nearly an accident. I would have pulled over in the pull in if he hadnt have pulled in there too.... I just pulled in to calm down.

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12712626 said:
So you are also the type of person that thinks pulling over for a spot of road rage is a good idea?

It sounds like you are an aggresive driver of a hot hatch who drives everywhere at maximum attack, ready to snap. No wonder you are annoying people. Calm down before you kill yourself.

Ready to snap? Everywhere at maximum attack? lol... how old are you, Fox?

Suspended
OP
You'd not be able to overtake a Lotus that's why you'd never get flashed :p

If I had a quid everytime someone didn't indicate left or right and it narked me off ever so slightly then I would be seriously rich. You'll just have to learn to drive more defensively.

Some wise words finally.... Guys, im not asking to be slated... I just want you to understand the situation... Im not one of those boys who "cains" it around everywhere... infact i drive most of the time under 50mph.... I just overtake cars occassionally. I don't do the classic boy racer style of Tailgating, flooring past, then cutting in about a foot infront of their car..... I do casual lazy overtakes.... But i do use a lot of throttle to get by.... Maybe people are going mad because of the sound of my engine? 8000rpm with a Pipercross Viper is quite loud....

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12712651 said:
See? You act first, think later. Thats why you've made two seperate replies to the same post I've made, presumably becuase you later thought of even more stuff to say.

This annoys people.

....Because a forum determines a persons attitude in life...?

Suspended
OP
Induction kits are for the car's occupants aural pleasure, not for people outside the car. So I don't think it's that.

Its really loud outside of the car though.... I swapped cars with my friend and he overtook me the other day to show me what it was like...It was unbelievably loud.....

Suspended
OP
Try removing the induction kit then? What is so attractive about having a giant air suction noise anyway? :/ Perhaps these people are thinking they're being overtaken by a cleaner riding a Henry vacuum cleaner and then they flash you when they are grossly disappointed? :D

Nah... It increases throttle response and torque over the original airbox i had fitted.....Its a cold air induction... not one of these foam cones which dont do anything....

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12712799 said:
Hang on a sec.

Are you not the chap who posted a thread about buying a Type-R and paying a billion quid for insurance? Then everyone said oh dear bad idea at your age, but you insisted that you were not like others and that you always drove around slowly, as thrashing a car wasnt your style.

Now you post a story about how every time you drive you thrape your car around with a chavduction kit on overtaking people in such dodgy places it winds up every single driver around you?

Chuckle :p

Are you the guy who has so little of a life that he remembers everything that happens on OcUK?

The Type R has changed my driving style.

Suspended
OP
You really dont know much about the motors forum if you dont know Fox's posting style?!

So, you admit that you are now a driver who thrashes about and shows off like a chav?

Not like a chav. No.

No chavs around here have Civic type Rs - They all have Saxo VTRs. I live in an unwealthy part of the UK. Usually only 30 year old blokes have Type Rs.

P.S - I also couldnt give a crap about "fox's posting style"

Back
Top Bottom