• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Really Starting to Think I Should Spend My Money on Something Else!!!

Permabanned
With continuing shortages, perhaps now until March, and with me realising that 10GB isn't future proof at all ( at least for me ) , I am really starting to think that I should just cancel Christmas so to speak and spend my money elsewhere. I mean at this rate I can see the higher memory cards coming out in March and not really being available in numbers until April/May. This entire 3000 launch has just been a joke and I am thinking now best to just forget it for six months. Anyone else thinking the same?

Permabanned
OP
Don’t see the point in waiting if you could benefit from a new card.

I would have bought a 3080 if I could actually find one. I am not kidding when I say I have not yet seen any of the 3000 for sale... apart from pre-orders of the 3090. But now it's just too late. The 3080ti is on the horizon and probably some cards that would suit me better.

Permabanned
OP
Same here i don't know what all the stress has been about with people wanting to upgrade to a 3000series so badly and quickly as games have been running great on my 2080ti :)

I was looking forward to the 3000 series for some time, I bought a monitor that my existing card just can't handle at all, so this botched release has been a huge disappointment to me. If I had known what was going to happen in advance I would have bought a 2080ti. Now I can't buy anything.

Permabanned
OP
even though its marketed as a 4k card....ok

I think this is the reason we get some posts 30XX underperforming. It really is a 4K card and anything less and you aren't going to see the performance increase you may be looking for.

Permabanned
OP
I'm getting very frustrated now. Since getting an Index I find my 1080ti is underpowered to play some of the VR sims I like playing, so I could do with a 3080.

The one time I actually have the money to buy one I can't actually get hold of one.

Same here, I went out and bought a ( nearly ) 4K monitor and I am stuck with an under-powered graphics card. I put by £1000 for a card but ... now, to not get one is beyond disappointing. Especially so when I read people who have managed to get one but really haven't got the supporting gear to get the best out of it. Even worse the people who bought two!! I mean... teeny bit selfish there!

Permabanned
OP
It strange this time as PC's have always normally been way ahead of TV's & game consoles in screen resolution for many years
Now there more people with a 4K TV then there are people with a 4K PC monitor

I am not sure why 4K caught on for TV's really.

Back
Top Bottom