Really stupid problem.

Soldato
Basically I've been seeing some texture problems in games and windows (only tiny anomolies in windows). I've had this in the past and a driver change to the 5.11 cat's cured it. Now, I installed the 6.1 cat's which started the problem again. I formated - installed the 5.11 cat's and it was still there. Now, the card crashed twice in BF2 on another PC (without displaying artifacts). Now I installed the 5.9 cat's and all was well. Then about 30 minutes ago my fps dipped dramatically. I rebooted and it was ok - now its back and a reboot didn't cure it.

Temps are fine
12v line marked as 11 in speedfan - but 11.6 in bios?
nothing's overclocked
drivers are fine

It's really bugging me. I hope my hardware is fine as I have an expensive few months coming up which would really suffer if my PC had problems :rolleyes:. I've got hardly any background programs running and I've only got about 30 background services running.

Edit: Just installed Asus probe and it's also reporting 11.68 for my 12v line. So that should be fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you could tell us some more details of the actual card and which particular applications you are running whilst you find it crashing, But from what you have been saying it sounds either like its oc (which u say it isnt) or possibly has some dodgy ram which can be solved with a rma. some more info mitght be able to work it out. hope this helped

Soldato
OP
Well it seems as though my CPU useage goes up to 55% after a few minutes in windows - but when I check all my programs, nothing is using the cpu.

Back
Top Bottom