Rear Exhaust

Associate
Would it be worth upgrading from a Corsair AF120 to a Corsair AF140? Or would it just be a waste of money.

Associate
When it goes, and it will go as the Corsair fans are not that high quality, just change it for a AF140 or a Noctua Redux. I would not change a working fan, even a bad one.

Associate
OP
When it goes, and it will go as the Corsair fans are not that high quality, just change it for a AF140 or a Noctua Redux. I would not change a working fan, even a bad one.

What? The corsair fans are fine quality I use six of them atm and my other half also uses four. There one of the best fans in my opinion.

Associate
What? The corsair fans are fine quality I use six of them atm and my other half also uses four. There one of the best fans in my opinion.

I have seen quite a lot of complaints about rattling noises coming from Corsair fans. In terms of performance/noise they are great and I really like the customizability they offer and I think they are a good option for a standard included fan say in cases. However, I am not sure that the "hydraulic bearing" they use is as good as the other high end solutions on the market - Noiseblocker, Noctua, even Thermalright, Nanoxia, and Deepcool.
Corsair fans are one of the higher quality fans on the market.

I've been running 7 (4x AF120, 2x AF140, 2x SP120PE) Corsair fans for well over a year without a single issue.
When othere manufacturers give 5+ years of warranty, do you think a year is some sort of a quality statement? :)

P.S. I have several Akasa fans that have been running non stop for about 7 years now but this does not prove that the QC of Akasa is not problematic, which is the case from what I've read.
All I wanted to say is to have in mind other options as Corsair might not always be the best choise. If you are after looks, go for it, they look perfect, you can match them to your system and performance wise they are great. But they might not be the most durable option on the market.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ive used both af 120 and 140 as a rear exhaust in my case, couldn't notice much difference tbh. Only use them as i got them cheap and they suit my build theme. No need to spend big money on case fans, a few yate looks at 4 quid a pop will do an adequate job. For coolers though ill spend a few more pounds for something with good static pressure.

Soldato
I also agree that corsair fans are not that good. There very noisy and don't move a great amount of air vs the competition.

My favourite fans are gentle typhoon 1850 and apache blacks

Back
Top Bottom