reccomend me a printer....

any problems with printing after leaving it for a few days? i heard epson have trouble with ink clogging after leaving them for a while. think the same thing keeps happening to my printer.

really pees me off.

Rambaud said:
I bought an IP4200 a few days ago, and I am very pleased with it.

I bought it mainly for CD/DVD printing, as I was getting fed up waiting nearly 30 minutes for my LightScribe media to print (and only one shade). Well, the IP4200 prints my DVDs in about 1 minute, which is excellent. :)

I considered the IP5200, but the extra speed was not needed, so it was not worth paying the extra.

is that the only difference between the 2 then? i looked at the specs and couldnt see any area where the 5200 was better so i was confused on that one.

Rambaud said:
AFAIK, the IP5200's extra speed is the only (or main) difference.

I have seen some comments that the IP4200 has the (marginally) better quality - but, IMHO, that could be down to the individual printers tested.

But cartridge replacement (for the IP4200 and IP5200) is a bit wallet lightening. :(

I wait in trepidation to discover how long the ink(s) will last.

ouch... how much? does it need OE ink or is it possible to use 3rd party?

was warned off by a print shop about the ink prices (14quid for black and 12quid each for colours) but then he sells lexmark and epson. ;)

but got a 4200 and just installed it now. first print i have to admit is very clear and very sharp. me = impressed. :)

Back
Top Bottom