Received someones elses package, how to proceed?

Soldato
It wasn't by accident, the name is for someone else but the address is is exactly ours, it was from ebay but there is just a return address no username of the seller. How to proceed?

Man of Honour
It wasn't by accident, the name is for someone else but the address is is exactly ours, it was from ebay but there is just a return address no username of the seller. How to proceed?
just return to sender which maybe free(depending who and what service it was delivered under) and write wrong address on it.
you could also search name + postcode on google and see if it is just house number that is wrong.

Soldato
Prob get a knock on the door in the near future asking for it and claiming a mistake. They usually hope to meet the delivery driver before he hands it over

another eBay scam

Man of Honour
Forgot to mention, it was delivered by Hermes, not sure they offer that do they?
well i would drop them a call/email and ask

google name + postcode maybe its just wrong house number

if that fails I would open it and see if there's an invoice (usually is which will give you item number and user name usually)

Soldato
I'd be a bit wary of this, could be fraud, return or contact the sender if possible.

As in somebody has bought something with dodgy funds or intention to chargeback but gave your address so they cannot be tracked *easily*.

Soldato
I'd check the contents of the package, this used to be quite common with mobile phone scams. Get a "free" handset delivered to a different address, person claims the package and sells the handset on, debt for the contract is on a stolen card with the billing set to your address. There's a good chance they're doing the same but with goods from Ebay instead.

Soldato
I work for royal mail, Seen stuff like this before mostly with letters of people that dont exist, Insurance scam and bank fraud. Best plan is to call hermes support number and ask them what they want you to do with it. Dont be tempted to open it. With Royal mail you just strike out the address and put "return to sender" its free.

Goodluck

Soldato
Prob get a knock on the door in the near future asking for it and claiming a mistake. They usually hope to meet the delivery driver before he hands it over

another eBay scam

This, its a well known scam. Expect someone pretending to be a Hermes driver collecting it because its been delivered to the wrong address.

Soldato

another eBay scam

Yup they have stolen a card, had it delivered to your address, aimed to intercept driver, missed him, you got the package.
Someone will knock your door and ask. Take package, some poor sod will be ripped off.

Soldato
OP
There is only one guy in the country (at least by going by public records) and he's got a linkedin profile, if it's not him and he's claiming to be him then I'll refuse to give him it.

Back
Top Bottom