• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Recent steppings

Soldato
Got mine a couple of weeks back
3.6ghz @ 1.35v orthos 12 hours blend Priority 9
3.72ghz @ 1.38v orthos 12 hours blend priority 9
Does 4ghz at around 1.5v passes super pi test :)

Ive got some screenshots around

Due to temps ive not taken it further, but the cpu seems to do really well with low range of volts

Week 30A

Goodluck with yir Week 32 s! Seem to have a nice E6600 in yir sig :D

Last edited:
Associate
Ive got a L632A, Not tried for more than 3.2Ghz quite happy with that for first overclock. :)
Not sure why core temp says 3.6Ghz

untitled.jpg
[/IMG]

Man of Honour
OP
Trox said:

Goodluck with yir Week 32 s! Seem to have a nice E6600 in yir sig :D

Yeah thats my older 28A but it took 1.65 to get 3.8 stable so I'm hoping for a similar clock with lower vcore - currently at 3.6 with 1.35 :O :D so its looking good. Runs hotter though, 50c loaded on water.

Man of Honour
OP
Well thats not the case with the cpu's I have had. Whether the stepping really makes a difference is unknown as two identical steppings sometimes perform differently, admittedly in different setups. The 3 32a's I have here do however seem to clock very close to each other. In contrast, the 28A (regarded as a good stepping) I had ran a lower temp with more volts to reach the same clockspeed with the same hardware used. a lot of people (me inc) say that the 'B' steppings are the ones to have but even some of them are poor clockers - maybe its just luck of the draw but its certainly not as easy to predict overclock as with the Opteron/X2 steppings.

Back
Top Bottom