Recieving New items

going to recieve some new items tomorrow and just want to make sure i know what i nee to do before i get the items and plug them in.

This is what im getting:
Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Zalman VF900-CU Quiet Copper VGA Cooler

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

Scythe Ninja Plus Heatpipe CPU Cooler

Akasa AK-183-L2B Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan x 3 - 3 pin

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card - OEM

Creative GigaWorks 5.1 G500 THX® Pro Gamer Speakers - Retail

few things i want to know are:
1. What cables come with the monitor? what does a DVI cable look like? will i need to install anysoftware or change any settings anywhere for the new monitor? I have 2 spaces on my VGA card, is this DVI? it is different to my very old CRT monitors connection, i have to put an adapter on it (one that the VGA came with) to make it work.
2. Just any tips i can get when installing the VGA cooler? like better ways of putting it on etc and same with the ninja
3. Again any software installation needed for the new sound card, any changes in bios etc? and also same thing but for the new speakers?

think thats it. thanks a lot guys

u will get dvi cables with the monitor if its dvi compatable and ** x1900 will have dvi and run the monitor fine, as for software u may need to install it but i doubt it,

good luck installing the scythe ninja

addy_010 said:
1. What cables come with the monitor? what does a DVI cable look like? will i need to install anysoftware or change any settings anywhere for the new monitor? I have 2 spaces on my VGA card, is this DVI? it is different to my very old CRT monitors connection, i have to put an adapter on it (one that the VGA came with) to make it work.

yes that would be DVI, you would just plug the monitor into your gfx card without the adapter you're using now
2. Just any tips i can get when installing the VGA cooler? like better ways of putting it on etc and same with the ninja
quite simple...dont forget to put the thermal paste on...and make sure the HS is touching the chip
3. Again any software installation needed for the new sound card, any changes in bios etc? and also same thing but for the new speakers?
You might want to disable on-board sound in BIOS if you're using that, so there arent any mixups, thats about it, you just install the software from the CD. Speakers you just plug in :)

addy_010 said:
going to recieve some new items tomorrow and just want to make sure i know what i nee to do before i get the items and plug them in.

This is what im getting:
Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Zalman VF900-CU Quiet Copper VGA Cooler

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

Scythe Ninja Plus Heatpipe CPU Cooler

Akasa AK-183-L2B Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan x 3 - 3 pin

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card - OEM

Creative GigaWorks 5.1 G500 THX® Pro Gamer Speakers - Retail

few things i want to know are:

think thats it. thanks a lot guys

1- The monitor will come with a White DVI cable, that will go into the back of your 1900XTX, normally the left slot. Does not matter which is end is which. Great monitor choice by the way, I wish I had one!

2- Take your time, the VF900 should be easy to install. Make sure you use correct force, dont try to hurt the card. Also use some ARTIC SILVER 5.

The Sycthe ninja is a bit of a bitch to install. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TAKE THE COVER OF THE STICKY SIDE OFF ON THE BLACKPLATE! When you want to remove the backplate it will be so so hard and it will almost certainly hurt the motherboard. It will be fine without the stickyness.

You will have to use some degree of force on the installation.

3- You will have set something in the BIOS to set the computer to read sound from the soundcard and not onboard. Its somewhere there! look around.

You will need sound drivers from creative. Go there n get em!

Hope this helps.

Noni said:
Also use some ARTIC SILVER 5.

The Sycthe ninja is a bit of a bitch to install

You will need sound drivers from creative. Go there n get em!

Hope this helps.

where do i put the AS5 on the VGA cooler? i guess tomorrow it will probably be obvious so i'll wait until then and check back

Looking forward to it, dont really understand what you were saying but againi guess i'll wait and see until tomorrow.

Wont the drivers and all come with the CD that the sound card comes with?

Back
Top Bottom