• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Recomended PSU for RX 6900XT Red Devil Ultimate

Associate
I am running a Ryzen 9500x with a 360 aio and 6 additional case fans. I am thinking of getting the RX 6900XT Red Devil Ultimate, but i am unsure whether my PSU is up to the job, especially if i want to do some heavy overclocking on the card and a light tweak to the CPU. My current PSU is a brand new EVGA Super Nova G3 850W. I feel that this should be more than enough, but i have read a lot of conflicting information, especially with people refering to power spikes. Is anyone able to put the matter to rest for me.

I am running a Ryzen 9500x with a 360 aio and 6 additional case fans. I am thinking of getting the RX 6900XT Red Devil Ultimate, but i am unsure whether my PSU is up to the job, especially if i want to do some heavy overclocking on the card and a light tweak to the CPU. My current PSU is a brand new EVGA Super Nova G3 850W. I feel that this should be more than enough, but i have read a lot of conflicting information, especially with people refering to power spikes. Is anyone able to put the matter to rest for me.

You will be fine with that PSU at stock for sure and should get some stable overclocks without going silly, overclocking these days is not even worth the hassle, only thing worth doing is setting ram to XMP and that's about it. This is based on normal use and gaming, if you benchmark and want to be part of that community and using exotic cooling then a larger PSU will be required but I doubt you are doing that, so you will be fine.

You will be fine with that PSU at stock for sure and should get some stable overclocks without going silly, overclocking these days is not even worth the hassle, only thing worth doing is setting ram to XMP and that's about it. This is based on normal use and gaming, if you benchmark and want to be part of that community and using exotic cooling then a larger PSU will be required but I doubt you are doing that, so you will be fine.

Thanks for the reply. I have the RAM set to XMP. I have no interest in going for records, just to try and get the maximum frames im games from the hardware i have.

That PSU meets the minimum requirements for the 6900 XT, just make sure you using separate cables.

Back
Top Bottom