Recommend 3 monitors for me, OLED or IPS?

Associate
Hey everyone,

I am looking for 3 new monitors. One for gaming and the other 2 for editing and general 2nd and 3rd monitor stuff.

Is 4K worth going for now? I have held off on 4k gaming for many years but I am getting an itch for 4k gaming. Im thinking a minimum of 32" - 34" monitors, all the same size to look uniformed. I want excellent gaming performance and great colours. Is IPS still highly regarded or is OLED now the go to technology?

Can anybody please recommend some good monitors for my needs? I would say OLED for the gaming monitor and IPS for the other 2 monitors? I dont want widescreen monitors either.

Thanks anybody who can advise :)

Last edited:
Soldato
3 x 34 inch monitors
That's going to take an awful lot
Of desk space
I have 2 x 27 side by side
Even with that I can't really sit centred on one monitor
Can't see how 3 x 34 would work ergonomically

But anyway
Modern ips are still really good
Oled may look better
But far as I know only dell offer burn in warranty
Which would be the main worry with oled
Not sure if that's on all their oled
Assuming they even make one that's not wide-screen
The 2 models you always see on forums etc
Are both wide-screen

You want 4k for all 3 screens?
Or 1440p for the non gaming ones?
Even with a rtx4090
You would have to check about running 3 monitors
At 4k if they have high refresh rates

Associate
Id say as long as you game in a dimly lit/dark room, definitely go Oled for your gaming screen. The burn in risk will be greatly reduced as you can pick up ips for the other screens, which will have the majority of the static image content. I've used Oled for gaming for 8yrs, oldest current screen is 6 and never had burn in.

4k 2nd gen qdoled is announced for early 2024, so maybe worth holding off until they arrive.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the answers everyone.

So to answer some questions, I currently run 3 x 27" monitors so going up to 3 x 34" wouldnt be an issue with my desk. I dont need 4k for all the screens but would be nice.

I am a moderately successful streamer so a good gaming monitor is required and the other 2 would be for video editing and graphic creation alongside running behind the scenes software when live.

Permabanned
If you've got the space why not get a 40-55" 4k monitor/4k tv instead, and just rotate 1 of your existing monitors on a desk or wall vesa mount for the stream chat or whatever? If you've got a 4090 that is a hell of a waste to game on a monitor vs a tv...
I bought a decent 32" 165hz and used it for about 2weeks before thinking why am I doing this when I have a 65" 4K tv 2 metres away... Never looked back since.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey everyone,

I am looking for 3 new monitors. One for gaming and the other 2 for editing and general 2nd and 3rd monitor stuff.

Is 4K worth going for now? I have held off on 4k gaming for many years but I am getting an itch for 4k gaming. Im thinking a minimum of 32" - 34" monitors, all the same size to look uniformed. I want excellent gaming performance and great colours. Is IPS still highly regarded or is OLED now the go to technology?

Can anybody please recommend some good monitors for my needs? I would say OLED for the gaming monitor and IPS for the other 2 monitors? I dont want widescreen monitors either.

Thanks anybody who can advise :)

Monitors are very personal.

I have three. One is for gaming, one is for general use, the third is a small monitor that I use with the gaming monitor for throwing up in formation during the game.

The gaming monitor is an AW3423DWF. A 3440x1440, Freesync QLED, which is awesome for video and gaming but less than ideal for browsing and so on. The small monitor on the side of that one is a ASUS VP229HE, 1920x1080 Freesync, IPS. Surprisingly, the little ASUS is pretty good compared to the QLED. The third monitor is an AW3821DW, 3840x1600 IPS, G-SYNC monitor. That's an excellent monitor, but the contrast is poor compared to the QLED. It's also three years old now, so the colours don't seem to hold up against the QLED any more. Not that they were ever as vibrant as the QLED, but they were better than they are now.

Last edited:
Soldato

I have 3x 4k monitors, all IPS. I have one 28" 4k gaming monitor (Acer Nitro) with a 28" 4k Lenovo 60 Hz monitor stacked above it and a 24" Dell Ultrasharp in portrait mode to the side. I'm typing this reply on the last.

Back
Top Bottom