Recommend a cooler for i5-9600K

Associate
My son is buying an i5-9600K and would like a recommendation for a reasonably priced cooler for moderate overclocks.

He probably won't overclock to start with but later may try some moderate overclocking but nothing too adventurous.

Anything worth having in the £20-£30 bracket.

Cheers,

Nigel

Associate
Any tower cooler at that price will likely perform very similarly. Arctic freezer extreme is largest I can think of off the top of my head.

Coffee lake can run pretty hot, I wouldn't expect an impressive overclock unless you can spec to something more expensive.

AIOs are always fun, CM makes some cheap 240mm models which seem worth it. ID Cooling also make an impressively cheap 280mm.

Soldato
My son is buying an i5-9600K and would like a recommendation for a reasonably priced cooler for moderate overclocks.

He probably won't overclock to start with but later may try some moderate overclocking but nothing too adventurous.

Anything worth having in the £20-£30 bracket.

Cheers,

Nigel

Cooling is a combination of having a case with good airflow and good CPU / GPU cooler. Also, it is really hard to suggest CPU coolers without knowing what case, motherboard and RAM it will be used with. All three can limit what coolers will fit.

Back
Top Bottom