Recommend a decent Freeview recorder box?

Soldato
Hi all,

Looking to dump Sky and just use Freeview but a recorder box would be handy, does anyone have any recommendations?

A lot seem to be cheapo rubbish and I'm concerned about the UI, I don't mind paying a bit more for a decent one which isn't laggy and has a nice interface.

Thanks.

I got a Humax HDR1800T for.my mother.when she dropped Sky. Does the same Live TV Pause/Rewind. EPG is decent. Seems responsive. PQ is decent.

Alternatively, pick up a used Humax Freesat recorder. Seems to be a constant stream of the HD ones available through local classifieds.

Also look in to retaining your current Sky box with recording feature if it's not SkyQ. Apparently this is a low-cost / no-cost option for ex-Sky HD customers.

Cheers pal, I'm on Sky Q but the cost for not returning the Q box is only £100... cheaper than most recorder boxes.

Any idea if the Q boxes continue to work after you cancel or is it only the old HD ones?

I paid £39.50 inc delivery for a refurb Humax DTR-T2100 500GB with a 2 year warranty from CEX recently. They seem to be out of stock now. Old box, but I don't have any significant complaints whatsoever. There was a very useful thread on HUKD that I got the recommendation from and it is better, faster and slicker in every way than the Humax 4000T which it replaced. That one had a third tuner, which was handy, but slow and frustrating and I tolerated it for way too long!

Anyway, if you can find a T2100 with a decent warranty, go for it.

Edit for lousy price memory

Cheers, I'll keep a lookout on CEX and eBay, for £40 can't go wrong.

Don't really want to fork out £200 for the Panasonic recorder box I saw, was avoiding Humax as don't know the brand and presumed they'd be a bit rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom