Recommend a quiet, wired, usb keyboard?

Associate
I'm typing on a Logitech K120 keyboard. The key clicks are annoying people in my vicinity.

Are there any decent quiet and wired USB keyboards that are not as 'clicky'?

Soldato
I've always liked the dell keyboards but they can be heard if you punch rather than press the keys if that makes sense.
And they can be a bit fatiguing if you're a serious typer for long periods.

Maybe a laptop/apple style keyboard would suit you as there's much less key travel?

Soldato
I'm typing on a Logitech K120 keyboard. The key clicks are annoying people in my vicinity.

Are there any decent quiet and wired USB keyboards that are not as 'clicky'?

The K120 I think, are sort of laptop-style (successor to the Ultra X Premium). They have a pretty high-pitch sound to them. Similar to MX blues, altohugh not as noisy.

Chicklet keyboards are usually quieter. Things like Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (K780, K800 now?). The Logitech PerfectStroke keyboards should be very quiet, if not the quietest (my Illuminated Keyboard certainly was the quietest I've used, except the space bar).

Although, they don't have the same feel as regular keyboards, and some are not suitable for gaming (Logitechs stupidly have key-ghosting issues on their non-gaming keyboards).

Romer-G (Logitech's own proprietary key mechanism) are slightly quieter than Cherry mechanicals, which IMO are rather noisy (whatever version you select, some more than others).

If you're looking for something cheap, a regular, good quality membrane keyboard will do just fine.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice. The Logitech Illuminated Keyboard looks like a good option.

I won't using them for gaming, just office writing.

Associate
The Lenovo Preferred Pro keyboards which come with the PC's we order at work are pretty good for membrane keyboards. You can get them for pretty cheap on the usual sites if you search. Not sure if they are quiet enough though.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Check rainforest for silent keyboards and check the reviews imo, tons of them listed.... and then see the reviews on youtube if its any good

I know some dell, cherry keyboards are usually pretty silent also

Back
Top Bottom