Recommend an NVME please

Soldato
I need something bigger than my current WD Blue 1TB nvme. Ideally I'd like a 2TB. Please could I get some suggestions on what to look for? My motherboard is a asus prime b660-plus d4

Thanks

Last edited:
For a boot drive I'd look for any of these higher-tier PCI-E 4.0 drives: SN850X, T500, KC3000, 980 Pro/990 Pro, M480 Pro, P44 Pro, Exceria Pro, Firecuda 530.

I definitely would not buy a QLC drive for a boot drive (e.g. Crucial P3), but a second tier drive like the SN770 (no DRAM) shouldn't be a problem if the price is good.

Thanks for the suggestions

I can find the SN850X for around £150, which was the absolute top end of my budget really, but you've also listed several other models. Is there a certain model out of those that tops everything else?

Ok guys, thanks for all the suggestions

After doing some reading around I think I'll go for the WD_BLACK SN850X 2TB. Should I pay the extra £10 to get the heatsink version ?

Cheers

Last edited:
If your putting it in the primary m2 slot on your board that already has a heat shield so you won't need one.

Excellent thanks. Mobo manual says VRM & M.2 heatsinks so I think that's what I'm looking for. I'll order the non heatsink version

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom