Recommend me a beard trimmer

Soldato
I want to buy a beard trimmer to keep my beard in shape and contour the edges.

As I've never owned an electric shaver before I don't know what good and what's not.

There is too much choice in the market.

I don't even know what length my beard currently is because I went to a barber on Thu to get it looked at and he said I used a 1.5 in your face and 1 on your moustache.

I don't think he meant mm he meant clipper comb size.

I'm happy with that length, but electric shavers are in mm not clipper comb sizes so I have no idea what to buy.

Some say 1-5mm. I have no idea if that is adequate for me.

I was thinking about the Phillips Multi Groom 7000 (MG7735/33). Seems to have generally decent reviews.

But anything else people recommend or have experience with?

Soldato
FYI, clipper comb sizes are based off eighths of an inch. So numbers 1-4 are 1/8", 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2". Which is 3.2mm, 6.3mm, 9.5mm and 12.7mm. Typically people translate clipper numbers x3 for mm sizes.

Sorry for the nerdy facts but it might help you visualise the equivalents better :)

Caporegime
Wahl magic clio with an andis microfoil shaver would have been my advice.

Apparently though braun is the make to go for a traditional beard trimmer.

There are professional barbers which make what trimmer to buy videos

Soldato
Anyone had issues with the Philips trimmer batteries? Mine holds charge for 30 mins if I use it straight off the charger, but if used say 6 hours after being on charge immediately dies unless I give it 20 mins on the charger again. 9000 series btw.

Soldato
I have a Babyliss Super Stubble XTP having previously had the Remington Barba.

The Barba was good initially but the adjustment wheel broke and the battery life became absolutely pathetic within 2 years, I mean less than 2 minutes pathetic.

The Babyliss has been very good, no noticeable degradation in battery life, adjustment is easy and the head can be flipped to trim the edges. Provided you are happy to pay £55 I recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom