Recommend me a controller for pc - xbox or ps

Associate
as title really. I play a lot of elden ring, dragons dogma 2, hogwarts legacy etc with controller.
I have killed 2 controllers playing Elden ring -- they were £12 jobbies from ebay - not too bad I must say but tend to go 'crunchy' after 4 or 5 months use so then I have to buy another.

I can use playstation controllers but I have to use 3rd party software to make steam recognise them but I wouldnt rule them out; I would prefer wired, and dont really want or need anything fancy - just durable and comfortable and responsive, budget of say £50 tops.

thank you

Associate
EasySMX X10, After both my xbox one controllers started drifting from very little usage just after the warranty ran out id never buy another one the smx have been great so far and 1/2 the price of the xbox ones.

Soldato
xbox series X / S control with USB dongle

no control survives rough use or button bashing hard

i have never broken a control and i have been gaming for over 30 years

Man of Honour
Always find the various xbox controllers more comfortable to use than the playstation ones. I get cramp using them.

Position of the sticks just feels so much better on the xbox ones. Also the Wii U pro controller is still great, not well supported though.

Xbox series X controller with a usb c cable is fine. Have bought a couple recently for £30-35. Easy to do if you don't mind which colour you get. Got the bright green and a red one.

Caporegime
this is a personal preference one in terms of feel.

But do need to bear in mind the playstation controllers don't play well with some games on PC. For GTA on PC for example - you need separate software to get it to recognise the playstation controller. Unless you really want a playstation one - the xbox ones play much nicer on PC.

Associate
Count me as another who'd recommend a Series X controller for use with a PC ( vs. a PS5 controller ). It's simply the most comfortable controller for longer play sessions. The PS5 controller would be a bigger contender if more games took advantage of its advanced haptic feedback. The Switch Pro controller is decent, too.

Back
Top Bottom