Recommend me a filter coffee machine for myself ~£50

Soldato
I'm looking for a filter coffee machine as I'm fed up with the quality and selection available with the Tassimo I currently have and instant coffee is vile!

I normally just make the one cup for myself (as the wife drinks tea) so I'd be happy with a smaller machine which is easy to clean. I've tried a cafetiere but I don't like the fact that it always lets some of the coffee grains through whilst brewing.

Maybe something like this?
Morphy Richards Pour Over Filter Coffee Maker 162010 Brushed Stainless Steel Coffeemaker

I'd appreciate any suggestions though?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give one of the v60 style pour over coffee filters a try and see how I get on with that. As you say it sounds like it would be ideal for brewing a single mug at a time.

Soldato
The Aeropress is also great for brewing single mugs as well. It can seem a little faffy at first but once you get used to using it isn't at all and it makes a lovely cup of coffee.

Soldato
The Aeropress is also great for brewing single mugs as well. It can seem a little faffy at first but once you get used to using it isn't at all and it makes a lovely cup of coffee.
Haven't tried a V60 or Clever Dripper but I love my Aeropress. Inverted method, 60sec brew for an Americano.. gorgeous.

Associate
Another vote for the aeropress, great for single cups.

It comes with me on vacations now so I can a decent coffee.

Back
Top Bottom