Recommend me a keyboard please!

Soldato
I am looking for a new keyboard for my regular comp. Have a Logitech Dinovo BT 2 on my other comp which is awesome for soft key action - but dont want to spend anywhere near that amount for this one.

So I really want a flat/ish keyboard with soft key action. I have seen the following:

SpeedLink Ultra SL-6466 Flat Illuminated Metal Keyboard (KB-001-SL)

Price: £29.95 (£35.19 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Any other recommendations as I dont want to really spend more than £35. Dont mind if its wired or wireless.

Permabanned
Hiper Alloy Black Aluminium Keyboard with Multimedia Hot Keys USB
£22 Inc VAT

r0100869026di.jpg

r0100869031pk.jpg

r0100869015zg.jpg

Permabanned
Saitek Eclipse is an awesome keyboard with lovely keys, the keyboard is not too big and the bonus of illumination of the keys if you want it just seals the deal!

Soldato
Logitech Ultra-X

Media Desktop if you want wireless keyboard and mouse (this is what I have). Good price too :)

The keys are flat, almost laptop-esque and I find it very easy to type on. The media desktop has a few media keys and shortcut buttons, and looks very sleek. The accompanying mouse is nice n responsive and has 4 way scrolling and back/forward buttons (which are customisable).

There are no LEDs on the keyboard itself for caps/scroll/num lock. These are in the reciever. Also has a low battery indicator for keyboard and mouse, again, on the reciever. Still using the original batteries, so cant comment on that much...

Soldato
if you like the dinovo, maybe the cheaper s510 is worht a look. similar in style, very thin, nice keys....comes with a somewhat basic mouse though, but there is also the option for a remote control if you get the media remote version:) its £41 without the remote though :o

s510.jpg

Soldato
I bought myself a Saitek Eclipse back along and its probably the best keyboard I have ever used! It is quite quiet to type on and the keys have a good feeling to them, it feels really solidly build as well... Plus it has a cool backlight:D

Soldato
Another 2 votes for the Hiper alloy keyboard, i bought one first and then my mate saw it and got one. They are quite compact in size but the keys are the normal size and feel nice to press unlike some laptop style keyboards ive tryed. Its also very good quality and looks very stylish.

Mark

Associate
out of interest whats the Logitech Ultra X like for gaming ? like the look of them Hiper keyboards myself just that the arrow keys are so close to number pad puts me of a little

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
Logitech Ultra-X
winner! :D

and they're great for gaming, absolutely no probs at all with mine.
they are a tad smaller (and i mean a very small amount smaller) than a regular keyboard... there was a thread around here recently about people hitting Alt instead of Space and Caps instead of A... but once you get used to the slight change its great (learning curve of 10 minutes) :)

Soldato
you like the dinovo, maybe the cheaper s510 is worht a look. similar in style, very thin, nice keys....comes with a somewhat basic mouse though, but there is also the option for a remote control if you get the media remote version its £41 without the remote though

was wondering does the dinonvo s510 have full sized enter button, on your picture it does but the picture on OCUK website it does not!, i just got the speeklink keyboard(very nice keyboard), but i cannot stand the small enter button and the keys fell like cheap plastic.

Another 2 votes for the Hiper alloy keyboard, i bought one first and then my mate saw it and got one. They are quite compact in size but the keys are the normal size and feel nice to press unlike some laptop style keyboards ive tryed. Its also very good quality and looks very stylish.

Mark

just wanted to know how the keys fell, do they fell cheap and plasticy or do they have nice plastic maybe comparable to those on IBM laptop keyboards?

thanks

Soldato
Saitek eclipse here, good board that really comes into its own at night time, typing and playing by illuminated keys is such a good feature.

Is that 2 more on order I hear....

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys. At this rate it seems like I will be buying 4 different keyboards!

Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Permabanned
Get the Saitek Eclipse. Awesome Keyboard. :D

Who needs all those extra keys! Who uses all those extra keys! This keyboard has the keys you would use the most. Takes up no extra room, is awesome to type on and has a 3 phase blue light! Cool.

Soldato
SpeedLink Ultra SL-6466 Flat Illuminated Metal Keyboard (KB-001-SL)

Hi
i have the non illuminated version of the keyboard. i have to say that the keyboard is very nice looking, the casing is a lovely brushed aluminum. only thing that i hate is that the buttons have a cheap plastic fell to them.

Back
Top Bottom