Recommend me a psu

Associate
Ok the psu in one of my pc's has decided to die on me so was wondering what you would recommend, preferably around 450-500ish watts and around £50-60ish.

Only thing is it MUST have -5v due to my motherboard manual stating in big bold letters PSU REQUIRES -5V. I gather this is due to the on board creative sound, motherboard is a MSI K8N Diamond if you were wondering.

So far the psu's i have found that i like and have -5v are
OCZ modstream 520
Tagan 480
Ultrax connect 500 (these look nice but don't know much about them, anyone got one like to comment?)

So if anyone can particularly recommend any of the above or any others that fit the bill then please let me know.

TIA

Associate
OP
Explicit said:
otherwise Seasonic or FSP

Neither of those have -5v :( i have a Seasonic in my main rig and it is the bees knees, just no good for this MSI mobo.

@ FatRakoon Many thanks for the info mate most interesting to hear the Ultras are a good psu by the sound of it, hmm could well be the one to get modular and all that.

Again the Hipers don't have -5v seems to be a rare thing a psu having -5v, :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
split said:
So far the psu's i have found that i like and have -5v are
OCZ modstream 520
Tagan 480
Ultrax connect 500 (these look nice but don't know much about them, anyone got one like to comment?)

See thread.

Hey nice find matey, thanks a lot :D

Back
Top Bottom