Recommend me a sound bar - multiple HDMI inputs, ARC, wireless subwoofer

Soldato
Hi guys.
Hoping you can assist here.

I'm looking for a soundbar with multiple HDMI inputs, a HDMI output with ARC and a wireless subwoofer for the bedroom.

I was served for many years by a Kitsound unit which is beginning to fail, unfortunately they no longer seem to make soundbars, and I am struggling to find a unit that replicates the feature set my old unit did without spending hundreds.

Most of the units I've looked at seem to have either only a single HDMI with ARC, or at most one extra HDMI input.

I am not quite sure why such basic functionality as HDMI ports has become so hard to find? Not every TV is blessed with 3+ HDMI connections?!

Any recommendations appreciated. Call my budget up to £200 for now

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I am starting to think with the way things have gone, looking at a new TV with 4 HDMI ports; and then utilising the fact ARC still seems to mostly work on the old soundbar is the way forward; so if the Kitsound then completely fails, I can just stick in anything else with ARC.

Soldato
OP
This is the thing, the Kitsound is not incredible, but, its 2.1 so does have enough punch for the bedroom and... it's OK. The Bluetooth failed long ago and that didn't bother me, but now the HDMI inputs are failing (seems to be the HDCP side if I had to guess), it's kinda reaching the point something had to be done; and it was getting to the point it was winding up the Mrs; which is usually the point where suddenly budget becomes available!! Anyone married for long enough will know that feeling haha!

However, the ARC capable HDMI output on the unit still seems to be working; so given I'd be looking at several hundred for the new soundbar ANYWAY, it seems more worthwhile (as the TV we have in the bedroom has a few deadpixels etc ANYWAY) to look into a new ~£500 43" TV to replace the one in the bedroom; as long as it has 4x HDMI and ARC/E-ARC then I can continue using the Kitsound until it packs up completely via its ARC capability or Optical; and put the money into a better progression path. If we have a better TV; then when the Kitsound does finally completely die, I can just pickup something else with ARC. It's a bit of a pain because it means I might need to invest in some longer HDMI cables, but spending £300-400 or so on a decent soundbar when the TV itself is nothing special seems a bit of an imbalanced way to spend; whereas this way around I'll have the option to rely on E-Arc in future.

I'll go take a look in my local Costco when I finish work in 45 minutes.

If anyone has any recommendations...

Back
Top Bottom