Recommend me an ATX case and PSU for ~£50

Associate
Hi, I'm planning to buy an AMD 64 3000+ Socket 939 Venice and an Asrock DualSata939 motherboard and I have a budget of about £50 for a case and PSU. Dunno if it's allowed here but I would like general recommendations and estimated prices as well (without mentioning any names of course) as well as OcUK's offerings, so I can Google them up and find the cheapest prices online. I'm quite a cheapskate when ordering online you see :p

Oh, it has to be black or silver btw, no ugly beigeness, and if possible, has space for 120mm fans.

No trolling please. I know there's a chance my budget would have been a bit on the small side, but you could have just said. Thanks for your constructive comments anyways guys. Would it help if I stretched my budget to say, £60? And btw, I'm not planning to overclock the Venice yet until I get better RAM, which may be never since I'm currently applying to study abroad for a year from Fall, and I wouldn't use it myself anymore :)

Lol, thanks for the suggestion but I'll pass MM this time, especially with something as delicate as a PSU. Last item I bought from MM, apparantly 'failed in courier' :rolleyes:

How about this:

Thermaltake VC2350BNSB Mambo SuperMidi Tower - Black (CA-027-TT)
- Detachable front panel design
- Fits standard ATX motherboard
- Dual 120mm front and rear fan (front is optional)
- Tool-free for easy installation
- Dual USB2.0, Audio & speaker ports
- 430.3 x 200.2 x 502.2 mm
- Front (intake) 120x120x25 mm, 1300rpm, 17dBA (optional)
- Rear (exhaust) 120 x 120 x25 mm, 1300rpm, 17dBA
- 350W PSU Included

Price:**£39.95 **(£46.94*Including VAT at 17.5%)

Looks better than the Antec :)

Last edited:
Apologies acceptted. I should really lighten up though. It's Easter! :D

I was thinking something along the lines of the Antec though because I've done a search of it on the forums and it seems to come up in a lot of 'spec me' threads, with other more power-hungry components should I say.

Back
Top Bottom