recommend me PS3 games

Associate
Hi all,

I have just been given some vochers for a well know games store and want to add to my feeble collection of PS3 games as i don't play the console enough and feel its wasted at the moment.

I currently have 3 games:

Fifa 08, GTA 4 and Battlefield bad company.

In terms of games that i like its been mainly the PC for a while now enjoying the battlefield series and total war series of games as well a Civ 4....COD 4 was ok but i prefered Battlefield for some reason.

My wife bought me the PS3 as a b'day pressie last year and really haven't spent much time on it all, I played a lot of GTA 4 at first but eventlually went back to the PC.

Looking to buy 2 games and have been looking at the following:

Little Big Planet, Kill Zone 2, Bio Shock, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and Resistence 2.

What can people recommend that i won't get bored of after 5 mins.

Many thanks

Caporegime
Little Big Planet, Kill Zone 2, Bio Shock, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and Resistence 2.

Many thanks

Out of that list the 2 would be Killzone 2 and LittleBigPlanet. Resistance 2 is great too, but you wouldn't want that and Killzone 2.

rp2000

Soldato
You want these games:

Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet
Valkyria Chronicles
MotorStorm Pacific Rift
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ferrari Challenge
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
SIREN: Blood Curse
Heavenly Sword
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Wipeout HD
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
Super Stardust HD
Pixel Junk Monsters

Out the 2 you mentioned Id go with Little Big Planet and Killzone 2.

Soldato
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
MotorStorm Pacific Rift
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Cod 4 modern warfare
Bioshock
Fear 2
GTA 4

Associate
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

+1 for this, excellent platformer, something which the 360 seems desperately lacking in. Great for a quick blast with cracking graphics and a genuine sense of humour. Get the standalone mini sequel "Quest for Booty" as well.

Associate
OP
ok guys thank you for all the replies, i had £60 worth of gift cards to spend and was surpised at the high cost of the new games at £39.99 and some at £44.99 each when most online places seem to be at £34.99. Anyway they had a nice pre-owned section and for £60 i managed to buy Little Big Planet, Bio Shock and Uncharted Drake's Fortune so pretty pleased. :p

Thanks for all the input

Associate
ok guys thank you for all the replies, i had £60 worth of gift cards to spend and was surpised at the high cost of the new games at £39.99 and some at £44.99 each when most online places seem to be at £34.99. Anyway they had a nice pre-owned section and for £60 i managed to buy Little Big Planet, Bio Shock and Uncharted Drake's Fortune so pretty pleased. :p

Thanks for all the input

you have chosen well young one lol :D

Soldato

Many thanks

Of the list you gave:

Little Big Planet - not played it
Kill Zone 2 - not bad, pretty cinematic, but it’s your average FPS
Bio Shock – I enjoyed this on 360 and recently bought it again, but on PS3. Not as good as system shock 2, but very good nonetheless.
Far Cry 2 – again, I like this, it looks amazing, and is very enjoyable of you have patience. Only really let down by psychic AI who seem to hit you from miles away with a pistol.
Fallout 3 – another gem, but needs a fair amount of time as it’s really a RPG.
Resistence 2 – same as KZ2 imo, it’s a standard FPS fare, with a big budget and lots of cinematic goodness.

If you could only have two and wanted ones that would engross you into countless hours of play time, I’d say go for Bioshock and Fallout 3.

Scort.

Back
Top Bottom