Recommend me some trance?

Soldato
Trance

So what tracks have been doing it for you the past month or so? Here's a few that i've been playing quite a bit lately, all with 90second samples:

Ronski Speed - The Space We Are (John O'Callaghan)

Probably my favourite vocal track of the year

Gareth Emery & Nicholas Bennison - Interlok

Really high energy trancer, peak time track that will certainly get you moving

Jesselyn - Contact
Another banging tech trancer by the stunning Jesselyn, although i'm loving it at the moment i can sense i'll be bored of it soon

Absolute - Stereosex
Got hold of this one over the weekend, and it's a nice dark and moody track by MIKE

Jose Amnesia - Louder (Blake Jarrell)
I first heard this quite a while ago but mostly forgot about it until hearing it again at crasher not long ago. Emotional vocal track, i love it

Jochem Miller - Chromatic (Emporium)

Absolutely awesome track, it's from earlier this year but i've only really found it recently. High energy once again

Mac & Mac - Rippin Base (Scott mac)
If you like electro trance you should like this

Mac & Mac - I feel it
The B side to the previous track, a decent cross between tribal and tech trance

I've noticed there is a complete lack of melodic stuff in there. I'm sure i'll add more to the list if the thread stays alive

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Demented Ferret said:
Just a few that crossed my mind as I read your post:

Lange vs. Gareth Emery - Another You, Another Me

Loving this track at the moment, it's an easy track to get lost in - because even at the quietest of times there's a lot going on.
When i first heard this on TATW i thought the beginning sounded fantastic, the middle/break sounded decent and then the second half kicked in and all i could think was; ergh horrible 80's style cheese. The best track by this duo is most definately:

Lange vs. Gareth Emery - Three (SAMPLE)
In fact i'd say it's possibly in my top 10 of the year certainly top 20.

Luminary - Dark Eyes (Funabashi pres. Tom Porcell Remix)

Great high-energy tune and very catchy, follows all of the right rules for pulling everything off, possibly a bit predictable; but it isn't like that ever matters.
A nice vocal track and i love Ashley Tomberlin's voice, i'm surprised i don't listen to this more often actually

Signum - Harmonic

A moody but very uplifting track, another track that's easy to get lost in.
Nice track, i've not heard this one before. I think you're description seems about spot on!

Signalrunners - Aria Epica (Bart Claessen Remix)

I love the hell of this track, it's quiet and very simple - but never stands out from a good set.
Cracking little tune by the Scottish lads, brings memories of gatecrasher flooding back whenever i hear it, will be cool when i can get the full single rather than a set rip.

Dave202 - Generate The Wave (Original Mix)
Hah, I first heard this a month or two ago and it still gets the energy flowing as well as it did the first time I heard it. Excellent track.
This is one of Smilie Man's favourite tracks. It's certainly a good tune but it doesnt blow me away.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
tntcoder said:
Really like Anna Nalick - Breathe [Blake Jarrell Remix] at the moment, its a great vocal track.

Thank you soooooooo much, it's a stunning track, i've heard it a few times but not known it's name till now. Again it brings memories of Gatecrasher flooding back. i've got goosebumps from head to toe listening to this :)

EDIT: Sample for anyone else that is interested:

Anna Nalick - Breathe (Blake Jarrel)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Smiley Man said:
My own additions:

The Killers - Mr Brightside (Thin White Duke Mix) - Fantastic uplifting melody about 4:30 in just does it for me
Awesome remix, there aren't many tracks you can play over and over without becoming bored of it but this is definitely one of them. Was lucky enough to hear it in a club for the first time on Thursday - it sounded absolutely fantastic.

Marcel Woods - Monotone - As the name suggests, fairly monotonus, but theres so much energy it doesnt matter :D
I played this one to death a few months ago, love it

Stoneface & Terminal - Super Nature - Very melodic with huge break, fantastic :D
Good track but i prefer 'Sidewinder' from the same EP. It's a lot darker and less melodic but i guess this is the style i'm liking at the mo:
Stoneface & Terminal - Sidewinder

Kuffdam & Plant - Summer Dream (Stoneface & Terminal Remix) - Yes i know its old, but the sort of tune that can give you goosebumps everytime you listen to it :)

i've got more i'll no doubt add at some point
Probably one of the most euphoric and uplifting tracks i've got. If you like this you'll probably like Perasma - Swing to harmony (Deserves an effort symphony dub) also from last year

Soldato
OP
A couple new tracks that i found today:

Nu NRG - Kosmosy

OK this one's from earlier this year but i only discovered it today. I remember Guiseppe Ottaviani performing this live at crasher a few months back (my memory from crasher nights never ceases to amaze me, i've literally not heard this track since that night yet can still remember it so clearly) Very euphoric

Ton T.B.
OK this is basically nothing more than cheese (good cheese) but we all like to indulge every now and then. I got his album today and spent most of the evening listening to it, there's several quality tracks on it

And a track that i've been loving all year:

Galen Behr & Robert Burns - Till we meet again (Galen Behr Remix)

Very epic trance

Soldato
OP
I didn't say i had listened to it, i just asked what the remix of beautiful things was called :p Seriously though i did listen to about half of it, but if kosmosy is in the second half then i should probably listen to the rest!

Soldato
OP
aaazza said:
I haven't got a sample but I was at Air for Tiesto a few weeks ago and he played 'Dave Spoon - At Night' which is a 'melodic' track that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment.

Good track, it's got a nice groove to it and i'll even sort out a sample for you:

Dave Spoon - At Night

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This evening i have mostly been listening to: High contrast Presents Marcel Woods (i've linked it to a decent review) and it's absolutely fantastic. If you like techy trance then you'll love this, the first cd is a really raw and energetic blend of tech house and trance. The end of CD1 seemed to taper off a little which was a little disappointing but the first hour i thoroughly enjoyed. The second CD is a collection of Marcel Woods productions and 1 remix. I was completely blown away by most of these tracks so it's a shame they are mixed together as i would love to have a mix with them. I'm really digging Marcel Woods style at the mo and this double cd definitely ranks in my top3 of the year

And another recommendation for you all:

Walt Jensson - Ctrl-Walt-Del
This is the bonus track from the cd above and i swear a track hasn't blown me away like this after the first listen for a long time. It's so energetic, very techy and bouncy and makes me dance like a mad man. This is one of those tracks i think that you really need to hear in a club to appreciate fully, i pray that day is sometime soon for me! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
tntcoder said:
Thangs Grrrrr, Ive just checked out the High Contrast album and its awesome, really like it :) .

Also, Marcel_Woods_-_Accelerate is really good, with the tracks, accelerate, yellin at the neighbours and basik on. All cool tracks :)

Yeah i couldn't believe my luck when i saw they were all being released so soon after hearing them on the compilation. Basik is an awesome tune

Soldato
OP
andy8271 said:
agreed , and trentemollers a beast ,

anyone here his recent radio1 essential mix ?

so much different to anything else ive ever heard

people will either love it or hate it but i thought it was simply amazing

Downloading it now, will let you know what i think when i've had a listen :)

Soldato
OP
aaazza said:
4 Strings - Mainline

Another tune. I'm sure Pete has a sample :D

aaazza

;)

4 Strings - Mainline (Original Mix)

Definitely one of my more preferred 4 strings tracks of late though i prefer this remix:

4 Strings - Mainline (4 Turntables Mix)

Going to see B.E.N. from JOOF recordings DJ tonight. I've heard many good things about him and quite enjoyed his latest ETN set. I also know a local DJ that's playing and i love the style he spins so hopefully it should be a fantastic night. The club is very dark and dingy by all accounts as well - perfect!

Soldato
OP
John '00' Fleming - Rasa Lila (Part One)

Wow, what a track. If this doesn't get you dancing in your chair i don't know what will. It's a very trancy psy track that just oozes with energy. This is how trance should sound, please come back to Crasher John!

Joop - The Future

This years trance energy theme tune, it's pretty epic without being cheesy. It kind of reminds me of marcel woods advanced, i'm willing to bet this track will be whored to death by most DJs in the coming months

Mauro Picotto - New Time, New Place

Bit of an older track this time, it's about 4years old now i think and an absolute cracker. I was blown away the first time i heard it and it hasn't lost it's appeal at all

Deems - Tears of Hope (Aly & Fila)

This is pure, fluffy, epic, hands in the air, goosebumps trance which i'm sure you'll all love. For me i'm in two minds, it's a pretty cool track i guess but my taste is very much moving away from ridiculously long breakdowns and hand in the air style trance.

Gerry Cueto - Venus

This is a pretty decent track but certainly nothing special but for some reason i just cannot stop listening to it!!

BT - Somnambulist (Mark Norman)

Despite being a quality production the original would best be described as pop, this remix brings it into the trance world. Quality track, i've been playing this shed loads recently

Oxia - Domino

What a fantastically hypnotic track. I only discovered this recently after hearing Sean Tyas Rework (which is equally as good, just a little faster and with more percussion) and i absolutely love it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Smiley Man said:
Divini & Warning - 4lb
So damn boshy - incredible in a club, lasers going mad, people jumping up and down - just awesome :cool:

God i love this track. I predicted it would be the trance track of last summer but unfortunately it didn't get as popular as i'd hoped :(

Smiley Man said:
time for an update :D

Daniel Kandi - Child
Fantastic bit of airy melodic trance, an all round quality production

O' Callaghan & Kearney - Exactly
Euphoric and uplifting - i love it :D

I really don't understand the fuss over these 2 tracks. Daniel Kandi - Child, i wouldn't even call average, it's just boring. Although Exactly is a decent track i really don't think the praise it's been given, by what seems like everyone, is justified. It's just regular trance, nothing special and certainly nothing that makes it stand out above most other trance releases

Smiley Man said:
Markus Schulz - Without You Near (Alex Morphs Sacred Light Mix)
Beautiful melodic breakdown about 4 mins in does it for me

The gabriel & dresden remix > * :p

Soldato
OP
I can remember that so clearly, everyone stood around me just kind of looked at each other with a 'wtf' kind of expression. Couple that with trainwreck after trainwreck, oh dear god it was terrible :(

Back
Top Bottom